Poll: What do you think is the most painful death?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think is the most painful death?
Shot
0 0%
Stabbed
4 5%
Car accident/hit by car
0 0%
burned alive
59 76%
drowned
6 8%
falling to death
1 1%
other
8 10%
Voters: 78.
Page 1 of 2
Time for a morbid little subject some people are afraid about. Death. What do you guys think is the best way to die? What do you think is the worst way to die? Most painful? Painless?
I recite the Konami Code everyday, so I'm good on death.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Time for a morbid little subject some people are afraid about. Death. What do you guys think is the best way to die? What do you think is the worst way to die? Most painful? Painless?

Being burned to death...like once I saw a video of someone being doused in gasoline and lit on fire for "stealing a bag of potatoes". It looked quite painful.

I am not sure there is a painless death, unless you die in your sleep or take that thing that shuts down your systems in an order while your asleep.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Woffelz
Burning is the most painful.

He's a witch, get him!

OT: struck by lightning.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I think drowning, while not the most painful, would be pretty freaking awful. I mean, think about when you go under water for a while, then you realize you're out of air, and you start freaking out and get desperate to get back to oxygen as fast as possible. Now imagine that feeling until you pass out. It might be the scariest, next to falling, for me.

But overall, burning would probably be the worst.
Last edited by Kevin19 at Jul 11, 2011,
I'm sure most people would pass out fairly soon during burning from shock that the pain would be short lived. I think being stabbed would be the worst: you have time to process that you're being stabbed, you've been stabbed, and that the wound is very painful because it was likely very rough and uncontrolled.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Anything slow.. Bleeding to death has to be ****ing awful. Also, two days ago a guy fell of a roller coaster near me and died
la de da.
I think if I was hit by a car the main concern I would have is if I didn't die. With brain injury you risk being in a permanent vegetative state, fed by tubes and left in a bed for the rest of your life. No thanks.
I think I read that freezing to death is more painful than burning.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

^
Nah it's actually kind of shit. You're likely to die vomiting and then drowning in your own lungs.

There isn't really a painless way to die unless you have access to some pretty powerful drugs. The Ohio Protocol for lethal injection is probably the best way (although still not foolproof, they have a doctor on hand a number of failsafes) where they inject the person with sodium thiopental. Although IIRC the company that was making the drug have stopped doing so due to its use in executions.

EDIT: Also, if you had access to a machine that could destroy your brain stem instantly, like they use for animals, that'd be painless.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Jul 11, 2011,
I would absolutely hate to drown, that just sounds the worst to me.

Falling to your death would be pretty bad too.
From that poll, I'd say burned and maybe stabbed.

Being shot could be either painless (instant death) or a total torment depending on where the bullet hits, though.

Drowning to death must be terrible.
I have no sig
I think that drowning or burning would be be the most painful, but being diagnosed with a degenerative and/or terminal illness would be the worst way to go IMO.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Last edited by Jimmy_Page_Zep at Jul 11, 2011,
I thought 'burned alive' said 'buried alive'.

Buried alive would be the absolute worst. Let's say you have 12 hours of oxygen left and are in a coffin six feet below the ground. Why is this the worst?

A) You know you are doomed, there is no escape, and you have 12 hours to think about this.
B) You die completely alone. No one will hear your screams, no one will know how you died.
C) You are conscious of the entire thing.

Pure agony. It's like drowning, but much, MUCH slower.

I think if anything else comes close to being the worst, it's the torture devices invented during the Spanish Inquisition. My god, some of those are on par with a Mortal Kombat fatality.
Quote by mcjosh
I think I read that freezing to death is more painful than burning.

Surely you'd lose feeling in your limbs after a while?

I think burning depends on the circumstances of the burning- if you pass out from smoke or something you might escape the worst of the pain.

There probably aren't too many completely painless ways of dying, after all, it's effectively destroying your organism.

I wouldn't like to die from falling, or poisoning of any kind. The time from when you realise you are going to die and when you actually die would be too long, you'd have so much to think about.
🙈 🙉 🙊
drowning isn't that bad actually because you pass out before you die and you would feel a little high before you pass out. I would say either burning alive or from a drug overdose (assuming you would be a drug addict with a failing liver and you are extremely addictted to drugs. You slowly die and deterriorate.)
Quote by beadhangingOne
Buried alive would be the absolute worst. Let's say you have 12 hours of oxygen left and are in a coffin six feet below the ground. Why is this the worst?

A) You know you are doomed, there is no escape, and you have 12 hours to think about this.
B) You die completely alone. No one will hear your screams, no one will know how you died.

I get claustrophobic easily, so that would make it even worse
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
I think that drowning or burning would be be the most painful, but being diagnosed with a degenerative and/or terminal illness would be the worst way to go IMO.

I agree entirely, disease would be the worst.

Among the options, burning sounds really horrifying because even if you live you'll be perminantly deformed. Drowning sounds very unpleasant and uncomfortable but not exactly painful.

I guess being shot would really suck if you were shot in the stomach and die slow as opposed to being shot in the heart or head.
Burning sounds like the worst but I would hate to drown, it would be horrible.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by beadhangingOne
I thought 'burned alive' said 'buried alive'.

Pure agony. It's like drowning, but much, MUCH slower.

I think if anything else comes close to being the worst, it's the torture devices invented during the Spanish Inquisition. My god, some of those are on par with a Mortal Kombat fatality.

But then you'd be like:

"Wait a minute! I have my mobile on me! "

*gets mobile phone out*

*no signal*

"Well I guess that's that. ;_;"
*parp*
Quote by zgbgydug
Anything slow.. Bleeding to death has to be ****ing awful. Also, two days ago a guy fell of a roller coaster near me and died

DUDE

Are you talking about the dude that fell off the Ride of Steel on the 8th at Darien Lake?

I was on that ride a week before that happened, I'm never going on it again man.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Among the options, burning would hurt the worst. But I imagine there are plenty of torture methods that would suck so much worse.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Kevin19
I think drowning, while not the most painful, would be pretty freaking awful. I mean, think about when you go under water for a while, then you realize you're out of air, and you start freaking out and get desperate to get back to oxygen as fast as possible. Now imagine that feeling until you pass out. It might be the scariest, next to falling, for me.

But overall, burning would probably be the worst.

Exactly what I would say.

EDIT: Actually, in medieval times, there were probably even worse methods of torture that kills you. Like Vlad Dracula, or something like that.
Last edited by Smaratelj at Jul 11, 2011,
Freezing to death is actually not as bad as people say it is. When you freeze you death, you just go very numb so you don't feel anything, and you go sleep. You start to dream happy thoughts and then you die without ever knowing that you died. (cause your were asleep)

Burning to death is the worst. And people can survive several minutes in the flames before they actually die. And after a minute or two in the flames, your nerve endings get burned off, so you don't feel anything as you burn.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
^It's not like you go numb right away. You slowly lose circulation in your extremities and eventually you'll lose all sensation, but that's after HOURS.

While burning is still very painful, I think you'd die much faster (obviously depends how much fire and stuff, but still).
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by UraniYum

this would actually not be such a bad way to die...especially if she got me during the part she's fully nude
E-Father to itorch, Andrea55, guitarxo and BlessedRebel15
E-Grandpa to Basti95, davrockist, KitKat555, Mark Roxx, Renegade_Lobo
E-Bro to slash_GNR666
I blog...

Quote by Andrea55

Quote by Bleurgh
But then you'd be like:

"Wait a minute! I have my mobile on me! "

*gets mobile phone out*

*no signal*

"Well I guess that's that. ;_;"

At least you can play games while you wait for it all to end.

Quote by Gibson06
That's awesome

If awesome is the feeling of getting roasted alive in a metal encasement, then sure, whatever floats your boat
Page 1 of 2