Here's a link link

This is quite stupid how they need to do this. I know it's just a large scale classroom research type thing and wouldn't cost much but, why the devil does this need to be done? I love tea and all that but I could live quite happily not knowing this. I also heard something posted on a joke website, it's kinda a joke but it's also a pretty true statement...

"Apparently scientists have found the formula for "the perfect cup of tea". Maybe cancer patients can have one while they wait..."
Scientists research what they're trained to research and what people pay them to do. That's why you get "studies" (I use the term loosely since it's daily mail, the link hasn't even loaded yet) likes this instead of a cure for cancer/aids/etc. Not everyone can research what we feel is the most important since they don't have the education, nor funding. If you want more money to go into AIDS and cancer studies, donate money yourself instead of clicking on articles like that.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Yeah, "Scientists".

The media pulls shit like this all the time, they get some professor and offer them a sum of money to produce a formula or conduct "research" on some ridiculous thing. It earns them a bit of extra cash but as a whole just ruins the public opinion on science, so it's seen as some fickle and pointless exercise in over-intellectualising everything.

EDIT: Read Bad Science by Ben Goldacre.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
I love tea and would like to try this.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
But they still can't explain magnets.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Kensai
Scientists research what they're trained to research and what people pay them to do. That's why you get "studies" (I use the term loosely since it's daily mail, the link hasn't even loaded yet) likes this instead of a cure for cancer/aids/etc. Not everyone can research what we feel is the most important since they don't have the education, nor funding. If you want more money to go into AIDS and cancer studies, donate money yourself instead of clicking on articles like that.

Yeah I s'pose. But even still, it's pretty unecessary. And I do donate money to McMillan every time I go to the pub. I always put whatever money I have left over from that night out into the charity pot at the bar. Granted, it's usually at most a £5 once every two weeks or so, but it's the thought that counts.
or you could just be english and have the natural ability to make the perfect cup of tea.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
or you could just be english and have the natural ability to make the perfect cup of tea.

Yup.

I always put the tea bag, one sugar and too much milk in first. Always too much milk on purpose. Then pour the water in and keep stirring until it's a decent colour. Tastes awesome.
..but wouldn't ideal brewing time vary depending on the tea leaves/tea type?

i'll probably try this tonight anyway
One major flaw. Which brand of tea?
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
I'm going to try this. I'm off to boil the kettle.

EDIT: Unfortunately, we're out of milk.
RIP Adam
Last edited by SexyLikeAPig at Jul 11, 2011,
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Yeah I s'pose. But even still, it's pretty unecessary. And I do donate money to McMillan every time I go to the pub. I always put whatever money I have left over from that night out into the charity pot at the bar. Granted, it's usually at most a £5 once every two weeks or so, but it's the thought that counts.

When it comes to funding for cancer research, it's really not.
Cool. Well that's something to drink while they get the **** on with finding a patentable cure for cancer, that isn't illegal.