It feels really weird playing power chords and other chords, playing bluesy licks feels really weird and feels like you have less control. It didn't feel that weird when I played fast alternate picking stuff however. I like the feel of the herco 75 flex picks way better.
I started fooling around with those things for a while, and I realized they weren't really that great for heavy riffs. I think you have more control with them though, just my opinion.
-Gibson SG special - faded brown
-ESP LTD MH400NT w/ EMG 81 - 85
-Peavey Valve King 112
-Digitech Bad Monkey OD
-Dunlop Original Crybaby
-GHS strings
Use both? Not illegal, i use paper thin nylons for strumming and jazz iii's for pedal point riffs.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
If they feel weird don't use them. You have to be comfortable with what you're playing
I absolutely love them, I hate playing with anything else.

They give me more control and produce, in my opinion, a better, heavier sound. They make it much easier to do Pinch Harmonics too (at least for me)
Last edited by samboraisgod at Jul 11, 2011,
Jazz III's seem very comfortable to me, small, so there is no way to dig in very deep and get stuck, sharp so that even when you tilt it there is barely any difference in sound and pick attack.

Great picks in my opinion, if you dont like them, go with whats best for you
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Jazz III's in the Tortex are even better!! They make 'em in the "Ultex" now too. Have to scoop some up. Suppossed to be better I guess.
Quote by jesslindy
Jazz III's in the Tortex are even better!! They make 'em in the "Ultex" now too. Have to scoop some up. Suppossed to be better I guess.

This. I tried the red nylon Jazz III's and didn't like them because they kept slipping through my thumb and index finger. Jazz III Tortex eliminates that problem. I've been using them ever since.

Jazz III's took some getting used to for me, but once i started practicing with them, i can't use anything else without crashing. You have so much more manouverability with a small pick.

Jazz III or GTFO.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 11, 2011,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
This. I tried the red nylon Jazz III's and didn't like them because they kept slipping through my thumb and index finger. Jazz III Tortex eliminates that problem. I've been using them ever since.

Jazz III's took some getting used to for me, but once i started practicing with them, i can't use anything else without crashing. You have so much more manouverability with a small pick.

Jazz III or GTFO.

i've got the best jazz iii pick, which is a nylon max grip, so grip is amazing, but I can't get used to the small pick shape.
Pick choice is largely personal preference; if it feels weird to you, you don't have to use it. That being said, I love Jazz IIIs, they took me a while to get used to at first though.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by hr113
there is no way to dig in very deep

This is the problem with Jazz IIIs.

Digging in = balls and attitude.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Use whatever is comfortable for you, while still getting the best possible sound, in tone and fluidity.

If you feel Jazz IIIs will help, start using them and get used to them. Or not.

I've grown so used to Jazz IIIs that I can hardly use anything else, but they also give me much better attack and control than any other pick I've tried.
If it doesnt work for your playing, dont use it. If you are still discovering what you really want, stick with it for a while then switch back and forth to see which pick you prefer.

There is no standard when it comes to picks, just find what works for you regardless of the name on it and practice your head off.
I can definitely pick hard and aggressive with Jazz III's. People that can't obviously haven't used them long enough to experiment with them. I use ONLY the red Jazz III's, but I'm an elitist at that thing (same with strings), any other pick makes me crash, especially big picks. Sure try them out, I didn't like them at first, but now I wouldn't want any other thing.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
This is the problem with Jazz IIIs.

Digging in = balls and attitude.

Nah ,bro.

12's in standard tuning = balls and attitude
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
For my rhythm playing, which is my main thing, I use Jazz III XL's. Excellent picks. So good. And for my occasional lead playing, I use the standard size Jazz III Ultex, which have so much more grip than the standard Jazz III.
At first they felt weird to me too. Then I got used to them, and man, that's the best pick I've ever used.
I use the Jazz 3 XL's and they're pretty much the perfect pick for me.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"