hello UG,

sorry if i post in the wrong section, i thought this was the good one, cuz it's about drumming ;p

I need help with the drumming tool on guitar pro 6

is there a schedule or smth that tells me what the sounds of the drum is?
cuz im now guessing what sounds good, but i don't want cow bells etc.. and i only get like 20 kinds of them...

Reply asap please

Greetz,

Tunder
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
I'm afraid I can only help with GP5 as I never liked 6. It might give you a basis, though.

Then you type in the number on the tab sheet for which drum sound you want.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I'm afraid I can only help with GP5 as I never liked 6. It might give you a basis, though.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/PoorReeves/GuitarProDrumhelp.jpg

Then you type in the number on the tab sheet for which drum sound you want.

In GP6 it's pretty much the same, except you select the drum track, go to "View" and click on "Instrument Panel". But yeah, I don't like GP6 either
Professional lurker since 2009.
I prefer making guitar paths in gp6
And the rsi ( eq etc, modules etc )

But thanks ^^

Next question:

Is it possible to have the bass line the same as the guitar line?
In rhythm peices i mean
And i know its possible, but is it a good choice?

Greetz,

Tunder

Ps: how to show the tab lines onthe drum path?
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Jul 12, 2011,
Quote by Tunder250
Is it possible to have the bass line the same as the guitar line?
In rhythm peices i mean
And i know its possible, but is it a good choice?

If you mean, like, playing the root notes of a rhythm guitar, I guess yes it's possible, but normally the bass is quite a bit more than root notes But yeah, it's perfectly possible to have the bass playing the root notes of the rhythm (i.e. no chords, but following the root notes).
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by technoguyx
If you mean, like, playing the root notes of a rhythm guitar, I guess yes it's possible, but normally the bass is quite a bit more than root notes But yeah, it's perfectly possible to have the bass playing the root notes of the rhythm (i.e. no chords, but following the root notes).

The root notes are: A, G#, G and F#

So not too hard?

And they are notes, no chords / powerchords
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
You cannot copy and paste a guitar line onto a bass tab as the strings need to match. Obviously, if you're working with standard electric and bass guitars, then one will be four and one will be six. So you will have to tab the root notes again, though branching out from that can give your music a new slant. Everyone plays the root notes; do something different.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
You cannot copy and paste a guitar line onto a bass tab as the strings need to match. Obviously, if you're working with standard electric and bass guitars, then one will be four and one will be six. So you will have to tab the root notes again, though branching out from that can give your music a new slant. Everyone plays the root notes; do something different.

I am not too familiar with bass lines, as i play guitar and think bass players are quite useless in recordings ( you can't hear them... )

Could you help me with the bass line?
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Tunder250
I am not too familiar with bass lines, as i play guitar and think bass players are quite useless in recordings ( you can't hear them... )

Don't know about you buddy but bassless tracks sound like shit to me.
I'm sick of all
Your hypocrites
Holding me at bay
And I don't need
Your sympathy
To get me through the day

LONG LIVE DREAM
Quote by EriX29
Don't know about you buddy but bassless tracks sound like shit to me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14810004/guitar%20made%20muziek/Sample1.wav

( drums has to be better IMO, but it's boring to have it the same melody, right? )
( and the eq need to be tweaked better, but i didn't really have time to do that )
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by Tunder250

You can't hear the basslines? Then the bassist is probably only playing the root note of the rhythm parts and it blends in by fattening up the sound of the guitarist. It's called playing "in the pocket", letting the guitars or other instruments shine through.

And if your guitarist uses too much bass in their tone while the bassist plays in the pocket? You get this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_ggFovJNo

The bass is inaudible on this recording.

HOWEVER! I dare you to NOT hear the bass in these songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVps8GWKUP4&feature=fvst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w7OgIMMRc4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFOtX3VkG88 (yeah, I know their bass player is hot)

It's hard to hear bass when your ear isn't tuned to hearing those frequencies, though if you were to eliminate the bass guitarist from most of your favorite bands, they would sound thin, hollow and empty. Sometimes, the instrument comes out in the music more than you think.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
You can't hear the basslines? Then the bassist is probably only playing the root note of the rhythm parts and it blends in by fattening up the sound of the guitarist. It's called playing "in the pocket", letting the guitars or other instruments shine through.

And if your guitarist uses too much bass in their tone while the bassist plays in the pocket? You get this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_ggFovJNo

The bass is inaudible on this recording.

It's hard to hear bass when your ear isn't tuned to hearing those frequencies, though if you were to eliminate the bass guitarist from most of your favorite bands, they would sound thin, hollow and empty. Sometimes, the instrument comes out in the music more than you think.

I know

when i had my perform with a drummer, it sounded thin

and i hear it in some songs...
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30