gave a guy a death metal pedal for this bad boy haha

Sounds boring by itself but with the M13 and my other pedals (eq, fuzz) it really sounds great!
Thats solid state right?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
It is a solid state amp, albeit a good one.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Wow, looking up YT demos of this thing, it sounds sweet.

And for a shit pedal? Awesome deal dude. HNAD.

Might wanna post a review so it doesn't get closed.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Thats the best ss amp Marshall ever made. It is light years ahead of the MG in tone.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Was that guy on something? A pedal for an amp head? Really?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Was that guy on something? A pedal for an amp head? Really?

+1

That's practically a con, the TS managed to get something for almost nothing. Other than the Boss HM2... I can't figure out another "death metal" pedal that'd be worth a whole amp head.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Ah, an amp from the days when MOSFET was still the new thing and touted as being "as good as tubes" - before everybody discovered that, "hmmm, maybe in a hifi, but keep them away from my guitar amp" That's why it has MOSFET written in big letters on the front.
Ah, nostalgia.

HNAD
For a SS amp they aint that bad really.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
'grats

If only new Marshalls sounded like the old ones.. I've not heard one of those myself, but I've never heard a pre-90s Marshall sound bad.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Yeah, they gave us a bit of a taste of the horror that was to come when they brought out the 2205 in the eighties. For the first time a new valve marshall wasn't as good as the one before it. Up until then each new Marshall was just a beefier more grunty progression from the one before it. The 2205 wasn't actually bad but the one from a year earlier certainly sounded better. The fact that it had a switchable channel sold it but it was certainly a step backwards in tone.
But of course that was as nothing compared to the JCM900. I remember when they first came out most guys (including myself) thought is this POS? And when we pulled it apart it was obvious why. Mass production, PCB's covered in op-amps. The SL/X was a half assed attempt at rectifying the problem but it wasn't until the DSL that they really got somewhere on track again.
I haven't had a JVM apart yet. I bet it's a nightmare with all the MIDI stuff and all. But it's clear what direction they have been aiming.
I think it's important that the JCM800 marked the end of the Rose Morris contract. I think it's clear what Jim intended. "We're free, time to get big!"
It would have been a godsend if MOSFET's had have been as good as was hoped. Certainly would have made going into serious mass production easier. So really, the 3210 MOSFET would have had bucketloads of resources thrown at it. Unfortunately MOSFET's weren't as good for guitar as tubes so that was as far as they went with serious SS research. That is born out by what we see them producing. I mean really. Those MG's are an insult to the consumer.
Anyway that's my take on it. For what that's worth; half a cup of yak fat maybe?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jul 11, 2011,
Yeah I didn't question what the trader was thinking I simply I accepted the offer. I also own a HM-2 by Boss and that pedal is definitely a gem. I think the amp sounds great for a SS. It doesn't top my Deville but its easier to carry and with the M13 sounds great! The thing has a good selection of output selections to either a 4 ohm or 16ohm and even a direct output jack with a line level knob. It's pretty nice amp. I'll probably make a youtube demo of the sounds I get with it : )
i like the idea of this amp.

yo mosfets are awesome...let's build a mosfet amp and see how it does.

cool.

then it was like yo tubes are expensive let's use diodes and jfets to try to emulate the sound of tubes.

not cool.

then its was like hey let's fire those ****ers.

cool.

then it's like those ****ers that designed all that terrible shit started a new company called blackstar selling the same shit.

not cool.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
^

Slightly on topic, I love my Boss HM-2 pedal. Really great pedal.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The only problem I really have with the amp is the reverb is somewhat subpar but after more and more time with it, I find it truly is the best solid state I've ever owned. I think it sounds better than my old Hybrid head as well! My Omega Deville is still number one, but this thing was a great find! Changed my perspective on solid states for the most part.