Hello UG, I was wondering if anyone knew any pedals or mods for pedals to get some more ethnic instrument sounds (such as an Indian sitar or Japanese koto). Would adding certain caps/resistors (or transistors/diodes - but they would clip/distort the signal right?) help?

To be honest, I don't even know what exactly resistors or caps do to the sound. I know resistors resist and caps store energy, but what does this mean for the sound?

If you're wondering what pedals I have available to mod, they're in my sig. I suspect the reverbs or chorus are the place to start, but I'm not sure...
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
basically you would need an octave up pedal.
"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and i'm all out of bubblegum"
oh yeah I completely forgot... I use my Whammy pedal and a volume pedal to make organ sounds, but I think the Whammy could do it with a bit of reverb or chorus... the only thing is that the Whammy has horrible tracking.. I need to invest in an EHX POG2, but they're pricey =(
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
lol that picking trick looks soo easy but I know it's gonna take me some time to get anything half decent, let alone bust it out in the middle of a song... still it sounds like the real thing. That pedal does seem really neat too, like the POG2 except better and slightly cheaper