I was wondering if anyone had some tips or knew ways on how to play 5 string bass songs on a 4 string?
Particularly with GuitarPro, is there any way to change the tuning when it's a five string so it can played on a four string?

Cheers
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
just go an octave up on notes that you cant reach, or downtune your E string to B, though itd probably sound like crap.
in guitar pro im pretty sure you can transpose a track to a new instrument, not sure how though. google it perhaps?
In Guitar Pro, if you press Alt + up arrow (or down arrow) on a specific note in the tab, it moves it up or down that specific string to a different position, but the same not. Like, it would move a D from the 5th fret of the A string to an open D string.

And you can change the number of strings that track has by clicking on the track's name, and using the drop down menu.
Yeah but when I change the number of strings quite a lot of notes seem to, for want of a better word, disappear.
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Well I guess what its trying to do is B-D# cannot be transposed into 4 string unless you change what octave your playing it on which id doesn't do from what Im aware.

The other thing besides Downtuning would be learning them in a different Key.... for practice sake its still the same, if your looking to perform a cover well then its not so good.

Ie. Turn the tuning up of the guitars/bass on the tracks to suit what your tuning is without changing the frets etc. say if they play in B you will just be learning it in E.

I do this alot when I cbf tuning my floydds differently etc. Doesn't always sound right but hey.... as soon as i have a guitar in that tuning or i set up my own... nothing that i do changes
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
Yeah but when I change the number of strings quite a lot of notes seem to, for want of a better word, disappear.

The notes only disappear when you change the instrument so it has no capability of playing them. When thta hsppens you'll either have to move them up an octave or tune your bass down.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think