Hey Guys,
I'm a freelance-writer coming up with a new idea for a script for a sitcom I call "Alan Rickman is my Father"...it follows Alan Rickman and his family. I figured I would make it sort of a one-camera style, sitcom...edgy, with Alans character being based off of his character in Galaxy Quest. He's a pissed off, former Shakespearean-actor..who is no out of work because the HP movies are done. I figure it could be a really funny idea for a show.

Ideas??? I already have the pilot script done.
If it follows Alan Rickman, I'd presume he'd be the main focus. Why is the show called 'Alan Rickman is my father' then? Shouldn't it be called 'I am Alan Rickman and I'm also a father' or something?
Not one bit. But I figure if I can come up with a funny enough script, he'd be willing to. I've met the man before, and I mentioned the idea..because it started as a 'high-dea' which ended up being made into a Pilot script...and he thought the concept was "...remarkable, and charming". I think it'd be a funny idea for a sitcom.

Think of a 'Roseanne'-ish type sitcom...but way funnier...and with the Alan Rickman family. Have like one episode where Alan catches his kid with pot, one episode where Alan goes to a KISS concert, etc etc.

And you ask why Alan Rickman..........why not?
Last edited by SOAD666 at Jul 11, 2011,
Quote by SOAD666

Think of a 'Roseanne'-ish type sitcom...but way funnier...and with the Alan Rickman family. Have like one episode where Alan catches his kid with pot, one episode where Alan goes to a KISS concert, etc etc.

You have hit a comedy goldmine. I totally can't see this failing miserably. Not at all. Please sink as much time as you can into this so we can see this incredible show come to life ASAP. Dedicate you life to it.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
I like the idea a lot, I would watch it. Good luck with it. I honestly hope this gets made, it would be hilarious.
This... is an interesting thought... but I am having trouble deciding if I like it or not... like it could be funny right? but... it could totally also just kinda suck D:
Shit my father says.

Proof that this could suck.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Post the opening scene.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Is it just me, or does it sound similar to that icky Gene Simmons reality show?
Last edited by triface at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by SOAD666
Not one bit. But I figure if I can come up with a funny enough script, he'd be willing to. I've met the man before, and I mentioned the idea..because it started as a 'high-dea' which ended up being made into a Pilot script...and he thought the concept was "...remarkable, and charming". I think it'd be a funny idea for a sitcom.

It's plausable that he'd go for it, he's apparently quite grumpy about always being type-cast as a baddie all the time so he may jump at the chance to do something that casts him in a completely different and more lighthearted way (hint, there's a script plot already) so try and work in a plot in which he is seen in a heroic manner, even if it's only by his kids.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 20, 2011,
Snape voice: Son, I expect you did your homework today and did not disappoint me.
*Audience laughs*
I sure did, dad!
Snape: Then why are your report cards less than expected?
Idunno
Snape: Son, I am disappoint.
*Audience laughs*

And that's just the first episode
Do this instead

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I like my idea better.

It's a show called "Who'd've Thunk It? David Blunkett!".

Basically, I'd set up situations that are either really innocent, but actually sound kind of terrible, or vice versa.

I'd then usher David Blunkett in, and film how he reacts to it, with him unawares of the fact that it's all a set up.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
I like my idea better.

It's a show called "Who'd've Thunk It? David Blunkett!".

Basically, I'd set up situations that are either really innocent, but actually sound kind of terrible, or vice versa.

I'd then usher David Blunkett in, and film how he reacts to it, with him unawares of the fact that it's all a set up.

I already sent a pilot to Fox doing the same thing except it's called "Disaster Al Gore"
Quote by patrickaaron
KFC Gravy is like a nectar from the Gods I even use it as lube to titty bang my wife

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Lost my virginity in my arse but I didn't push back so it wasn't gay so don't call me gay cuz it isn't gay
I didn't read all that shit you wrote, but from the title, I fully support this motion.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Well the great Hans Gruber has fallen far. Pun intended.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?

This is all i really have to contribute
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Anthony1991

This is all i really have to contribute

I agree.

If I saw a program where Alan Rickman found his son smoking pot then I really wouldn't be able to take the man seriously anymore. Or going to a Kiss concert. I see him as more of a Pink Floyd fan.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by cptcomet
Well the great Hans Gruber has fallen far. Pun intended.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

A sitcom about an actor playing a warped version of themselves? I don't think that's ever been done before.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Dan_5893
Yeah, Alan is the sort of person who'd enjoy thinking mans music. He'd probably relax to "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" and "Us and Them"

Well he did the voice-over on Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells, Part II, the voice that introduces all the individual instruments, and he's been in a 'Texas' video, so possibly there are some clues to his musical tastes there.
Quote by Paramore.
"God is my Father" sounds better.

Quote by lambofgod127

I'd watch it and know many others that would too. I actually love the general premise, but change some of the stuff like that KISS concert crap.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Quote by 23dannybhoy23
It'd probably end up a lot like Lead Balloon.

OHGODNO
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Um...Who's Alan Rickman?
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Meh, would be better if he was smoking pot. With Seth Rogen. BOOM! New sitcom. A stoner 'Odd Couples' starring Rickman and Rogen with Christopher Walken as the 'Kramer'/'Fonz'.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!