Page 1 of 2
So, my parents recently told me that they were going to break up (and so will probably divorce). At first it didn't really affect me much, since I'm moving out in September anyway, but it still feels sad I will never have that really close sense of family feeling anymore.

So Pit, are your parents divorced or together? If divorced how did you take it in/cope with it/react? How do you think you would if they told you they were going to?
Divorced. I kicked her out because my dad wouldn't do it. He is very grateful I did.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
My parents are divorced too. It's for the better in my case. They're still cool with each other, they just didn't want to be in a relationship with each other anymore.
My parents are together...with 8 kids.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by due 07
My parents are divorced too. It's for the better in my case. They're still cool with each other, they just didn't want to be in a relationship with each other anymore.

I mostly feel sorry for my younger sister who has to choose who she wants to live with and stuff.

EDIT: ^ 8 kids is freakin' impressive
Still together. Very like.. typical tv kinda boring family maybe? No huge fights or problems, just the stereotypical mini quarrels.

Oh except where my mother and sister are the same person, it keeps things interesting though.
My folks split when I was six. They remarried and had children out of those marriages. Then both of those marriages fell apart and I've completely lost track of what my family tree looks like currently. I feel very distant to my parents, relatives, and step-relatives. I almost feel like I've started all over again with no real roots. Definitely miss the feeling of a "family", but you can't let that keep you down.

Stay on good terms with your folks. That's all I can say.
My Folks split when i was 15, best move possible my dad's a guy with a big heart and big idea but lacking in self control, impulse control, intelligence and a working moral compass.

the type of guy who wants to do right by you but will wrong someone else to achieve that means.

We all went and stayed with mom, divorce wasn't hard on me as i saw it as the best result in a toxic relationship. Harder on my brothers i think, one of them much closer to me dad and the youngest one hit pretty hqard by abandonment issues, im not sure how it affected my little sister as she was just so very young when i happened, maybe the effect was negligible i dont know
I used to be a goddamn saint. I said my prayers and handled snakes until the road introduced me to sin. I only shook hands with drink but he had friends with him
Together.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
divorced when i was 2. so i kinda grew up with them apart, but even to this day (i'm 22 now) they still argue and fight and bitch and moan. it gets depressing NGL
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
divorced when i was 2. so i kinda grew up with them apart, but even to this day (i'm 22 now) they still argue and fight and bitch and moan. it gets depressing NGL

married at 2!!??!!!
Divorced, and it was a huge battle for custody and child support and whatever. Its hard to not be angry with my parents for being such ****heads sometimes.
last.fm[/url}
Divorced. I was 7 when they divorced, so I do remember it, but didn't really understand what was happening. The whole concept was new to me at the time. I remember it being Father's Day and me and my younger brother asking my mom where our dad was, and finally she told us he didn't live with us anymore and had decided to leave. I remember her being an emotional wreck and me not being able to grasp exactly what was happening. I felt really torn then, because for about two years after they both wanted me and my brother, but refused to properly communicate with each other, and me being pulled between the two parents alot

It's all cool now, they get along well and can sort their shit out properly, and I'm kind of glad they did get divorced because the system we have now is great for all of us. We're never stuck with each other 24/7 and things don't get as heated. Had they gotten divorced now, I don't know how I'd feel; I'd imagine it'd be worse now because I would have gotten so used to them being together then just have that torn away.
Parents remain together and my cousins/aunt/uncle are my next store neighbors.

Feels like one enormous family
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
My parents divorced probably a good ten years ago. My dad remarried a couple of years ago, my mum is getting married again next year.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by mizxou
married at 2!!??!!!

youwhat??
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Divorced when I was around 5, wasn't long after my younger sister was born. We live with our mother, however our dad plays an incredibly active role in our lives. He doesn't live far away and he is always there if we need.

But I find the concept of having two parents living in the same house, very weird. When ever I am at a friends house and both parents are around, something deep down never seems right to me.
Quote by CrunchyRoll

same thing here...except my mom and aunt are currently having a little bit of an arguement and haven't talked much this last week or so lol
Divorced when I was 4 (21 now). I always saw my dad fairly often as a child even though we lived at opposite ends of the country, he always made the effort to drive down and see me. Parents have always been on good terms. Mum remarried when I was 13, though my dad says he'll never marry again.
*parp*
My parents divorced when I was 7 or 8 or 10 or something. Maybe 8? But my dad used to work a lot so it worked out that I saw more of each of them.

Then my dad divorced my stepmum when I was 16 – she's awesome so I think that actually effected me more.
My sister told me a little while before it happened, which means she knew before me and told me first. Then one day my old man was outside working, cut his finger and then she told me they were getting a divorce. That was the last day my family was ever together...

Anyone ever have their dad connect with your half sister more than you? It's like, hey Dad, I'm still here.....

._.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
My parents are both dead now, but when they were alive they stayed together until death parted them.
But they did argue a hell of a lot, infact, when I was a kid, I remember asking them why they don't just get a divorce then they could both be happy, but they never did, and they also seemed to chill a little as they got into their old age.
My parents were never married to begin with, so no divorce. But they've always been separate. I don't know what it's like to have a dad, since I've only seen him like four times in my whole life. Most of which were so long ago I can't even remember.

Quote by GezzyDiversion
Divorced when I was around 5, wasn't long after my younger sister was born. We live with our mother, however our dad plays an incredibly active role in our lives. He doesn't live far away and he is always there if we need.

But I find the concept of having two parents living in the same house, very weird. When ever I am at a friends house and both parents are around, something deep down never seems right to me.

I feel the same.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
Last edited by Gaiad at Jul 12, 2011,
let's see...... when I was about hmm 2 or 3 my mother came out as a lesbian to the family .....but she didn't have a college degree or a job so she carried on living with my dad and the rest of the family all the while dating this one lady "Sharon". I however was not informed of this until I was about 6 or 7. I heard about my mom being a lesbian from a neighbor friend. My response was "Yeah I know... " I really honestly had no idea what that meant other than the fact that my parents slept in separate rooms and never talked to each other.

So around that time me and my siblings were introduced to Sharon(apparently my mom's "partner) and would occasionally go over to her house and do things with the community lesbians. I never found this odd since I never really knew anything else. All throughout my childhood my mom would usually be sleeping or at Sharon's for the weekend and my dad would be up in his room working or on business trips. Eventually my mom went to college (all this time she had been spending my dad's money and putting him in debt) and got a degree and a job. She finally moved out (8 years after my parent's relationship ended) and moved in with Sharon. My siblings and I also moved in with them. I have now been living back and forth two houses. I've lived with Sharon for 3 or 4 years and have not had one meaningful conversation with her and suspect she is autistic because she is really f.cking weird. I relate more with my father then my Mom and her partner. It is very awkward.
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
My parents divorced when i was like 6. I remember before and after but i cant remember it actually happening. Me and my sisters stayed with my mom and she got re-married then we moved a few hundred miles away. My step-dad has been just like a dad to me, ive always called him dad. But its weird that it seems im still more like my dad than anyone else in my family even though I've gone years in between seeing him throughout childhood and still now.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
My parents are still together, but honestly I don't know if they wouldn't be better off divorced. It's not bad sometimes, but most of the time it's constant fighting. I just think they'd be happier split up. I think the only reason they've stayed together this 14 or so years, is the fact that they've had 4 kids. It wouldn't surprise me that when we all move out, they'll split for good. Even my girlfriend tells me, that just from stories and seeing how they act in everyday life, that they don't even act like a married couple.
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 AC BXP 4-String Bass
Fender BXR 60 watt
Squier Fender Stratocaster 20th anniversary edition\
Pignose acoustic
Samick D1/SN
My parents got divorced when I was still a baby, so I always grew up thinking that was normal. My dad eventually started a new family up in Canada while I lived with my mom and my stepdad until she died and I moved in with my grandma in Michigan. I never really had that great of a relationship with my stepdad, so to this day I have no idea what it's like to live in a "normal" nuclear family type situation. Sometimes when I visit my dad and see my little brother and sisters in Canada, I get kinda jealous of them TBH.

Or at least I would if they didn't live in Canada.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
My parents are still together but I think they'd be better off divorced. Even they say so but they haven't done anything. I'm their only child too so I don't know why they haven't yet.
cat
still together, two kids, two step children and one grandchild
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Still together, 40 years, 3 kids
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Divorced,

Dad bailed out when I was 6, stopped by once in a while till I was 9.

Never paid child support either.

asshole.
sigh...
Well, my father cheats my mother, and I discovered that. And her too, but they lied to me and I pretended to believe it to make things easier.
Then she gave him a second chance, but he still continued to cheat on her. And I couldn't do any shit about it because it's not MY marriage nor should I be picking sides since they didn't want me involved.
So yesterday(yes, really yesterday) she tried to look at his messages in his phone and he got very angry and left home so... I think probably a divorce is coming up. But I still hope it isn't because of my little brothers... Deep shit.
Parents divorced when I was 12. I was old enough to know what was going on, but it still made me sad. My Dad broke my Mum's heart and went off with another woman in Germany. I still love him, but I lost a lot of respect for him when I found out. After just under 25 years of marriage, you'd think you were meant for each other. It's sad.

I only see my dad for 1 week every year. My Sister and I have to travel all the way to Germany to see him, which is my 'holiday' every year

I miss him though, I can email/ring him and what not, but it just isn't the same.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by Dempsey68
youwhat??

sorry my bad, not sure what i was thinking
I'm 23 and my parents finally decided to get divorced. It was made official on June 30th. I don't really think anything of it because I've seen it as a long time coming. I'm more worried about my sister who just turned 13. I think its gonna be roughest on her.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by CrunchyRoll

That's how my family is. I love it. I'm one of four, and my parents are both one of eight. So I have a shitload of aunt, uncles, and cousins.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 2