So I was walking into the living room and on the news they were talking about in Mansfield Mass, Michael Todd robbed a Walgreen's for some Oxycontin

Coheed and Cambria bassist Michael Todd was arraigned Monday (July 11) in a Massachusetts court, one day after he was arrested for allegedly robbing a Walgreens pharmacy just hours before his band was set to open a show for Soundgarden. Todd appeared in Attleboro District Court, where the charges against him — armed robbery and unlawful possession of prescription narcotics — were officially read. Judge Daniel O'Shea also increased Todd's bail from $10,000 to $25,000 cash, citing the musician's out-of-state addresses and past record, which includes a previous conviction for drug possession and an arrest for reckless driving.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1667087/coheed-cambria-michael-todd-pharmacy-oxycontin.jhtml

Kind of suprising to me. I was debating going to that show, kind of glad I didn't. its surreal that this happened and so close to me too.

Curses, the front page beat me to it.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Jul 11, 2011,
I feel kinda bad for him. Mic's been to rehab before, and has a torn ligament at the moment. He's probably desperate for drugs.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
sounds like it was spur of the moment

I have a bomb, give me oxy
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Ten Speed of Gods blood, and Pain killers?

FTFY.

But srsly, that really sucks.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Funny title, I just read the UG article on this. I feel bad for the dude, not everyone knows what its like to be strung out like that. Its a serious problem and this guy needs some help. I love Coheed and have seen them live 3 times and he is definitely a part of the Coheed sound. I wish him the best.
This is on the front page btw.

I was really shocked by this - I didn't realise he was back on drugs on rehab, and that fact that he is in a big band and he couldn't score drugs in ways that didn't involve holding up a store.

At least it didn't seem that pre-mediated, although that does show that's he's in trouble :/
Quote by NosralTserrof
FTFY.

But srsly, that really sucks.

Ah, I knew it looked funny.

Its a shame this happened. It not something you'd ever want to hear happen. I wish him the best of luck getting clean.

The thought of the bass player of a band I love going into a Store I frequent and concert hall, and robbing it. its pretty freaky

Quote by benonbass1
This is on the front page btw.

It would beat me, though it was in the breaking news here =/ I figured it hasn't gone overly viral yet.
Edited for accidental double post.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Jul 11, 2011,
I don't really feel too much sympathy for the guy. Addicted to drugs? Well that sucks but its kind of his fault. Pretending to have a bomb and rob a store? Have fun in prison.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Last edited by shikkaka at Jul 11, 2011,
Inb4
"Drug Consumer"
"A Jail House Atlantic"
"Bombmakers and Drugtakers"
Etc.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
This really sucks, and is a total WTF story!

I suppose he'll point the gun in another direction, now that he's cried himself to sleep...

I'm gonna miss what he gives to the Coheed sound...
Semi-famous musician robs a store for drugs, everyone's full of sympathy for the guy. Some piss-poor nobody does the same thing and everyone would probably be hating on him and laughing at his misfortune. Not saying I don't feel for this dude (I know addiction is a powerful thing), but I feel obliged to point out the double standard.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Quote by teachmeviolence
Semi-famous musician robs a store for drugs, everyone's full of sympathy for the guy. Some piss-poor nobody does the same thing and everyone would probably be hating on him and laughing at his misfortune. Not saying I don't feel for this dude (I know addiction is a powerful thing), but I feel obliged to point out the double standard.
I don't think that's true. I think more people would feel for the nobody than you believe.
Quote by psyks
I don't think that's true. I think more people would feel for the nobody than you believe.

I suppose you might be right. But this being a musician's website you can't really blame me for thinking people might be biased. In any case I do hope this guy manages to beat his addiction eventually, just like I would hope for any junkie, crackhead, or tweaker.

EDIT: Or alcoholic. Forgot about the devil's nectar.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.