I'm thinking of having my local shop special order one of these for me. I had a lower end Dinky a long time ago but ended up having to get rid of it to help pay some bills. As it sits now, I have some money to spend and am seriously considering buying this guitar. The review on UG gives it a 9.4 which is great, but do any of you have any experience playing one?

My shop doesn't have one on the wall so the closest I got was a DK2T with a string through body and hard tail (and I must say the October Pearl color was beautiful). Anyway, the guy said I could get it all for $925, tax, hard case, etc. included, which isn't a bad deal considering all the online sites I've seen have it listed for $999 before tax. Anyway, any input is appreciated!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." ~Carl Sagan
I used to own a Dinky shaped Jackson and all I can say is that I really liked the neck, it's thin and flat(fretboard) which made fast and comfortable to play with. I actually find my LTD's neck harder to play sometimes. What I am not sure about the DK2S is the pickups, do you need Sustainer, single coil, etc? If yes I say go for it, but try playing it first.
Ibanez RG821 + Ibanez TS9
Peavey Vypyr 30 + Sanpera

My song covers on YouTube
Yeah that is one thing I have found about the Jacksons I have played in stores is that they have real fast necks. As far as the Sustaniac goes, I don't guess it's really something that anyone "needs", but I have played around with a Sustainer on another guitar before and it was really neat. I did like the DK2T I played, but the last guitar I bought was a string-through and I would really like to have another guitar with a Floyd on it.

By the way, saw in your signature you have an M series LTD...love those guitars. I hope to get a Kirk Hammett signature model some day when I can afford it.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." ~Carl Sagan
the mg100hfx has a rating of 10 on UG's reviews...

so yeah, don't put too much stock on reviews.

fwiw... i like the japanese jacksons, but i'm not too fussed on the trems on the cheaper ones. if you can stretch to one of the neck-thru ones, they have a better trem. though at that point (depending on where you are... certainly here in europe) you're not a million miles away from the prices of the US ones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm a huge fan of the Japanese Dinkies. The necks are lovely, with the compound radius fretboard and a pretty good profile. Thin, but not too thin. I also really like the satin finish on the back of the neck.

Like Dave_Mc said, the thing most people might consider to be the weak link is the JT580LP Floyd unit. However this sin't a big problem, as it's solid and reliable. It's just that it can be a bit stiff and unresponsive compared to higher quality Floyds. I've got one on my DK2M, and I'm perfectly happy with it.
Always been a fan of anything Jackson makes. The Dinky is one of their lower-end models, no? But I think I remember playing it and still getting that crisp, Jackson-type sound still. I'd go for it!

And I love Floyd Rose bridges. They take a little more lovin' than other bridges, but I love the look and finish of them.