Hello all I'm wondering what you guys think of the Squier 51 strat/tele. I see one that has been moded with new pickups and have all new american electronics on the inside for $200.00 and was wondering if it was worth it.
Yeah, I think they are worth $200 stock, probably. With upgraded electronics and decent pickups in it you should be in good shape.
the can go for less but they are decent guitars for sure. they have a cult following.

me and ippon.
I don't know I emailed the shop to find out so they should get back to me tomorrow about that along with some pictures.
Quote by gregs1020
the can go for less but they are decent guitars for sure. they have a cult following.

me and ippon.
I'm wondering what happened to my spam threads back when they were being closed out at $70. I must have bought 20 or 50.
do it man. Im seeing them going for 200 stock on ebay and Ive pondered selling mine. But my brother loves it so much he doesnt play his MIM jazzmaster anymore and he loved that thing
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by Ippon
And add a tone knob + better nut.

I wouldn't know how to put on a tone knob.
The stock ones, IIRC, usually go for noticeably more than modded ones (unless they have some really expensive modifications, like $150+Pickups or something).
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by Radtastic89
The shop sent me some photos and here is one of the body.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/Nickynick_album/51.jpg

I can't tell what the pickups are so the guy is calling the guy that sold them it to see if he knows.

Irrelevant, jump on that right now, or I will.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi