Help,

I am thinking about buying a valve amp for bedroom an hopefully to use for small gig purposes at some point.

I am pretty serious guitarist and spend approx an hour a day practicing -

Equipment at the mo -

ESP Horizon
Marshall valvestate 8100
Marshall 1960B 4x12 Celestion.
Various pedals etc.

I play mostly metal / rock / jazz / blues / clean stuff / improvise.

I'm sick of the sound of the valvestate and want to buy the best sounding valve amp for my money that I can plug into my 1960B.

I want to go with something like a 30 watt amp for home use, however I like to crank it up quite loudish.

Can anyone recommend a good amp head to work well with my existing cab? -

My budget is approx £500, however I am willing to possibly spend more (or less!)

I've got my eyes on the Orange DT30 duel terror head at the moment but not sure if it will pair uip with my cab - can any comment on this also?

Thanks very much!!!)))

Blackstar HT-20 head might be worth a look. Also remember tube amps are louder than solid state/hybrid amps. U dont really need 30 watts for home use.
A friend of mine has the Orange TH30 combo, which sounds bloody great. You can get it as a head too, IMO it would be better than the Dual Terror, but you'd have to try it to see if you like it
That's quite a range of tones there, can you be more specific? As in, can you tell us what tones are most important to you, how heavy you go, and maybe name bands/artists/songs you like the tone of?

Don't be concerned with wattage too much, there's 15w amps that will rip your ears off at the most quiet setting and there's 100w monsters that can be as quiet as you want them to be.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jul 12, 2011,
Quote by anguskilminster
A friend of mine has the Orange TH30 combo, which sounds bloody great. You can get it as a head too, IMO it would be better than the Dual Terror, but you'd have to try it to see if you like it

This, the TH30 is much better than the DT30, its only an extra £50.

Especially if you want good clean tones.

Its low gain tones arent great, but an OD pedal will fix that.
Quote by beckyjc
This, the TH30 is much better than the DT30, its only an extra £50.

Especially if you want good clean tones.

Its low gain tones arent great, but an OD pedal will fix that.

Thunder 30, Win.
Best Regards,

Ryan

I'm a Pilot. Like Bruce. I win, you lose.

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany.

VOX AD15VT
Orange Dual Terror Orange TH30
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100