I'm pinning after a Telecaster, well to be fair I have always pinned after a Telecaster but I went the route of so many players b4 me and bought a Strat. I have my eye on the Classic Series 50's Tele and after a quick play in the local shop was very impressed. I wanted to hear what other players thought of this guitar but low and behold reviews are hard to come by, also I have heard rumblings that the Squire Classic Vibe is also a beaut and a fraction of the price and that a standard Tele is remarkably similar aswell. So now I'm stuck in this Tele Minefield! Please advise!
The new Classic Vibe Tele (butterscotch blonde one) is rated very highly, Aus is getting them at the end of this month. If you're on a budget i'd grab one of those over a MIM tele any day.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
The new Classic Vibe Tele (butterscotch blonde one) is rated very highly, Aus is getting them at the end of this month. If you're on a budget i'd grab one of those over a MIM tele any day.
It's still my go-to Tele.

My review almost 3 years ago: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/squier/classic_vibe_telecaster_50s/index.html

Strictly speaking I can shell out enough for the Fender 50's but I'm a sucker for a bargin.
pining*
lo and behold*
bargain*

50s Tele has a 7.25 radius and vintage frets. Will feel very different to modern design Teles. If you want it for the ash body though then by all means go for it.

Just as CV Teles are good value I also think a good MIM Standard is well worth the money.

You can pick them up used for peanuts.
Quote by Eppicurt

This.

The CV Tele's are amazing for the price. I would choose it over a MIM Standard Tele any day as well.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
I read about the vintage frets in the specs and pardon my ignorance but what the hell does it mean, I understand fret sizes and neck radius' but vintage frets escape me!
Ive got the squier classic vibe tele 50's and a fender classic player strat 50, the fender is about twice the price of the squier, but if i had to choose one, id choose the tele no doubt, its an amazing guitar for the money and can easily compete with the standard MiM fender guitars.

Alot of people even says that the classic vibe is some of the best modern guitars from any fender factory.. I wont be the judge of that, but it is an amazing guitar for sure...
Does anyone know if the Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster Thinline is a good guitar? I also want to buy a Telecaster, but I don't know which one. I've read that the Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster '50s is really good for its price. I couldn't find much about the Thinline Telecaster though. So: should I go for the Thinline or should I just get the '50s Telecaster?
The thinline is a great guitar my only complaint is that I wish the neck were thicker but that's just personal preference.
Quote by Kreosteijn
Does anyone know if the Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster Thinline is a good guitar? I also want to buy a Telecaster, but I don't know which one. I've read that the Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster '50s is really good for its price. I couldn't find much about the Thinline Telecaster though. So: should I go for the Thinline or should I just get the '50s Telecaster?

the squire is quite good for the money, but it definitely isn't as good as the fenders that you have mentioned.

I like the standard MIM tele with a pickup upgrade. the guitar plays extremely well and sounds absolutely killer with a set of Fralin pickups in it.

my other suggestion would be to check out a G&L. the american ones are a little expensive, but they are absolutely amazing tele's. after playing quite literally several dozen fenders, I ended up buying a G&L with a completely clear conscience. it was simply better