This must exist...

Ok so basically I want a time based wah, or even a low pass filter... Something that sweeps smoother than my foot
NOT an auto wah, which is what music stores always recommend, and not a phaser either.

Anyone know what it is I'm looking for? Preferably with tap tempo, but I won't be too picky
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by greeny23
Zvex does something close, seekwah.

Bitch got ninja'd!

But seriously I have no idea, so you might want to look into that.
Where's Waldo?
hmmm, I could possibly get away with the zvex wah, but it's not really a smooth sweep, it goes in steps
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by ethan_hanus
What? The only way to get a gradual sweep that's rhythmic is automation, unless you do it manually.

Well think of a phaser or flanger, they have time based sweeps, yet instead of the flange/phase effect I want a wah effect
RIP Gooze

cats
Best option ever:

You could McGhetto it. Build a device that will clamp to the treadle and move up and down in a fluid motion. Find out how to make them time based and rig it to change the ammount of time via tap tempo. I have no idea how you'd go about doing it, but it would be awesome.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Best option ever:

You could McGhetto it. Build a device that will clamp to the treadle and move up and down in a fluid motion. Find out how to make them time based and rig it to change the ammount of time via tap tempo. I have no idea how you'd go about doing it, but it would be awesome.

Use a cam? Like, attach a cam to a electric motor, and use a variable pot to control speed, mount to pedal, cam moves pedal up and down in fluid motion...you would have to place springs under the pedal to force it back up though, finding the right balance of spring tension and cam pressure on the pedal.
Acutally that's not a bad idea, and I could definitely do something similar. Would have no idea about how to get tap tempo though...
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by ethan_hanus
Use a cam? Like, attach a cam to a electric motor, and use a variable pot to control speed, mount to pedal, cam moves pedal up and down in fluid motion...you would have to place springs under the pedal to force it back up though, finding the right balance of spring tension and cam pressure on the pedal.

Yeah, the balance would be difficult, but possible.

Quote by mulefish
Acutally that's not a bad idea, and I could definitely do something similar. Would have no idea about how to get tap tempo though...

Id stick with the pot to control speed. Tap tempo would be better, but I don't think you work at Line 6 or Boss, so good luck with that. All I can tell you for Tap tempo is you'd need some kind of DPDT switch ( or something) and then maybe into a PCB that would dtermine that.
Where's Waldo?
you could easily get a 'smooth' wah with an oscillator or CV. i am sure a moog mf-101 LP Filter could do this very easily and with many options of how you want it implemented. mind you that is a low pass filter and not a wah though.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
http://brokenheadstock.com/?p=82

There you go with the tap tempo deal. Make on of those and attach it to whatever you use to make it sweep.

Edit: scratch that, you could just solder it into where the treadle would normally hit, and use that to decide the tempo? might take some heavy modding.
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Jul 12, 2011,