Page 1 of 2
So, you can't really spend more than about ten minutes on the internet without seeing a Pokemon reference. Or something to do with Dragonball-Z or Avatar (not the pocahontas film) or a bunch of other Anime references.

For the vast majority, such memes form the cornerstone of their childhood, and hence their monumental cultural significance on the internet and near-nostalgic pop culture of today. Now the generation that witnessed - and catalysed - the explosive growth of the internet burns its childhood loves into the fabric of the modern datasphere.

But what other fragments of childhood do you guys remember, especially the older pit monkeys? What about the stuff that's been eclipsed by the decade-and-a-half or so that the current generation have been weaned on?

For me, Pokemon came to me too late for me to be interested in it. Harry Potter is a relic of my adolescence, and not my childhood - I was ever a spectator to Pottermania, and not caught up in it. I grew up with Cow and Chicken and the Space Shuttle, Tom & Jerry and WWE Wrestling, Warhammer 40,000 and Looney Tunes.

What lesser-known roads did you guys travel?

ITT: Reminisce about older/less well known stuff.
I particularly remember Magic: The gathering, playing in warm puddles of water on the street after it rained, manicklar (swedish thing), commander keen, wolfenstein 3d, warcraft, age of empires, x-men cartoons, mysteriet på greveholm and some other swedish TV shows. I only had three channels growing up so I missed a lot of TV shows my friends were talking about.

I'm too old to have gotten into pokemon as well, as well as zelda and some other games. I get most references by now but I haven't played them much.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm pretty old actually at 23. My childhood (not adolescence) as I remembered:

That's about it to be honest
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Games dominated my years before I got into the teens. N64, the N64 magazine, Age of Empires, that shit. I remember reading old Beanos and watching Joe 90 as a kid.

And Lego. Oh gosh darn Lego how I loved thee. And Action Man. Action Man was always kinda shitty, especially that one with a parachute. We always tried to throw him down the stairs, he'd hit a lot of things. The parachute worked better with Lego. I went to Lego Land when I was like 9. My family woke me up at 6AM. Aw yeah.

Crystal Maze was my favourite TV program I guess. Harry Potter were the only books I would read.
At 24, I remember the following:

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Kensai
I'm too old to have gotten into pokemon as well, as well as zelda and some other games. I get most references by now but I haven't played them much.

Thank Christ, I thought I was the only one

Quote by metacarpi
At 24, I remember the following:

*Terrible nostalgia*

I think this post made me tear up a little
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I never understood why Camp Lazlo wasn't massively popular, I loved that show.
Quote by LordBishek
I think this post made me tear up a little

I know that there''s much more, but I can't really remember them these days.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
God damn you Metacarpi, that picture of Sonic the Comic just reminds me that I had at least 150 of them several years ago... until my mother convinced me to throw them out before I knew any better :'( sad.
I'm 23 years old. Here goes my childhood/adolescence in pictures:

The local water park:

LEGO sets:

Star Wars merchandise, especially Micro Machines:

Neon Genesis Evangelion, even before i could understand what it was about. I just liked giant robots...

SEGA Master System II:

Comic books: Tintin, Astérix, Lucky Luke, Michel Vaillant...

And way more stuff, too much to remember right now.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jul 12, 2011,

I miss my stick so much. So many hours of fun.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58

I had a stick too. His name was stick and I used to poke small(er) children with it when they annoyed me. I miss that guy, he was awesome.
I never heard of anybody naming their stick before.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Have to agree on the Sailor Moon. That was my shit when I was young, I used to watch it all the god damn time.

Quote by Jackal58
I never heard of anybody naming their stick before.

Whilst we're on that topic, I do remember a girl owning several pet rocks and naming them, building little paper houses for the, etc.
No ones going to know what this is, but when I was 3 or 4 I remember a show called Puzzle Place. I don't remember anything beyond the name and that it was muppet-style.

I'm 17 btw
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I got into to a lot of what my bigger brother did. He's 5 years older than. I played Starcraft, Diablo 1, played Magic the gathering and stuff like that.

Warcraft 1 and 2.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash

Had to do a nostalgia dump there.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
My childhood consisted of the following.

TV:
Pokemon
Dragon Ball Z
Sailor Moon
Digimon
Code Lyoko (much later toward my early teens)
Spongebob
Rugrats
The Angry Beavers
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life

Video Games:
Nintendo 64
Playstation
Nintendo Gamecube (later toward teens like Code Lyoko)

I also had multiple Lego block sets, including a lot of Bionicle. I miss Bionicle. Out of the 25+ sets I had, I've only got two complete sets now.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Quote by Primus2112
No ones going to know what this is, but when I was 3 or 4 I remember a show called Puzzle Place. I don't remember anything beyond the name and that it was muppet-style.

I'm 17 btw

Dude...flashbacks....
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
It's gonna be a blue day
The guy who said Sonic Comics is a god. Um. What else...

Sharky and George (Best theme tune EVER)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FkI69t9eIY

Playdays (everybody hates the ****ing patch stop)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0pXnprQvSA&feature=related

EDIT: I remembered some other gems:

Bangers and Mash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVkJEBj0hso

The Magic Schoolbus.

My mum used to be a teacher, had loads of educational cartoons that she watched at home with me and my bro sometimes when we were little, i dont remember many names, but they're probably very well known to primary school children from my era. Stuff like...this mouse that drew shapes in the air, and it defeated bad guys or something. Memory is a little hazy. I think he was Mexican, anyone wanna help me out with that one?
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Jul 12, 2011,
Rugrats
Angry beavers
Johnny Bravo
Ed, Edd, n Eddy
Powerpuff Girls
LEGOs
Pokemon
Digimon
Gundam
Tech Decks
Banjo Tooie
Ninja Turtles
Barney
Super nintendo
N64
Yu Gi Oh (This was the last thing I was into before I turned 16 and started playing guitar)

And that! Really thought that cartoon world was awesome.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Jul 12, 2011,
Quote by perry589

(Invalid img)

I loved those
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I still have a stack of Sonic the Comics, worship me!

Anyways:
Pokemon
Rugrats
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Digimon
Warhammer 40K
Bodger & Badger (To the guy who posted the picture above, you're awesome)
Sooty & Sweep
Playdays
Monster Rancher (Loved that, need to find the whole series somewhere)

That's pretty much the main stuff.
Quote by donender

encarta mindmaze

AHH!

I used to play that all the time. Came with the encyclopedia hahaha.
Signature temporarily empty

Quote by Go Square Go!
How do you get 'math' from 'mathematics'.
Last edited by MetallicaPwn3dU at Jul 12, 2011,
My most major nostalgic icons are the original series of Transformers (although I was a fan of Beast Wars too and LOVE all 3 of the Michael Bay movies), Thundercats, old school WWF (before it changed to WWE) and Sonic the Hedgehog. Also, NBA Jam, baseball cards and Legos. It was a hard day for me the day I gave all my Legos to my younger cousins. They're little brats too so I bet they just threw them out or something.
Quote by danceandpretend
Anyone remember StreetSharks and Biker Mice from Mars?

Yes, but i didn't like StreetSharks.
Biker Mice From Mars was awesome, i still have this bike:

And what about Swat Kats? And Gargoyles?

Good times.

EDIT:
Damn, i'm so old, i actually remember when the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers appeared on TV!

And the Turbo Rangers, before them!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Jul 12, 2011,
Quote by Jackal58

I still have two of my childhood sticks. One was always my sword; the other is curved such that it made a perfect toy bow.
We had three channels of TV until I was 11 or so. I watched Arthur and Nature on PBS. I did a lot of playing pretend, fishing, exploring, and such. I read Calvin and Hobbes (which I still read), Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings. We had a computer on which I played Red Alert. I've never owned a video game system or a pokemon card.

I'm 18 btw.
I loved Yu-Gi-Oh, I was into Pokemon when it first came out, but I was really really into Yu-Gi-Oh, had a deck and everything. My friend got me playing Magic in high school (something to do while high) if anyone else has it they just came out with a game of it on Steam that can be multiplayer if anyone else has it I'd love to play.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
All the people who I know of my age, and who have watched Cartoon Network growing up, are the coolest people.

Dexter's Lab, Tom and Jerry, Time Squad, Samurai Jack, Courage, Ed Edd'Eddy - All classic.
Quote by danceandpretend
Anyone remember StreetSharks and Biker Mice from Mars?

I've still got three of my StreetSharks videos around the house somewhere. I need to watch them again. lol

And to the guy that posted the Gargoyles, MMPR, and Power Rangers Turbo pictures...
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Page 1 of 2