I have the opportunity to pick up a Bugera 6262 212 combo for almost half its regular retail value (which is a great deal since I live in Australia where gear is ridiculously overpriced), and I was wondering how it'd suit the genres stated.

Bands I take influence from include Muse, Feeder, Porcupine Tree, Less Than Jake, Blink-182 and Mew, but I also draw influence from more metally riffs and things like that.

I need a decent clean, though I enjoy a clean on the verge of breakup as opposed to pristine cleans. Also, How does the 6262 handle pedals?

Is there a better option in the sub-$600 range for the music I play? I don't own a speaker cabinet so a combo/head and cab set would be preferred for less than $600 Australian.

I'm aware it's a very high gain amp, I just want to make sure it's not crap for mid-gain crunchy stuff too.

Oh and joking about fires is hilarious I'm sure, but can we not?
It should do the mid gains well, but the cleans on the amp it copys aren't great. If you like it get it, but if you get the bugera, get a warranty cause you know, well um...

Did you not notice the last line of my OP?

Cheers for the input though. I'm aware that the cleans on a 6505+ aren't that special, but I was wondering if those on the 6262 were any better.
yes, i did notice the last line but it is unavoidable, and a serious suggestion. also, if you can try it out in person or look up demos of the cleans and mid gain on youtube, as my inpu probably sucks. the demos will tell you what it sounds like if you can't try it yourself.
I can probably try it but I'm looking for people who've owned it too, because Speaker changes and tube swaps all contribute to a better sound, just want to know if they're necessary stock? Also is $550 Australian a good deal for this? They're usually $1000 bucks.
The 6262 does mid-gain crunchy stuff VERY well (guess that's why they call it "crunch mode")
It also takes pedals very well. They have a STRONG midrange, and not the heaviest bottom end.
Great amps all around!
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Cool beans, cheers for that. Their reliability stuff has been fixed now hasn't it? AFAIK it's one of the preamp-poweramp connectors that was melting, are the new ones still doing this? It's not much of a fix but I'd rather not need to do it.
Quote by Dan_5893
Cool beans, cheers for that. Their reliability stuff has been fixed now hasn't it? AFAIK it's one of the preamp-poweramp connectors that was melting, are the new ones still doing this? It's not much of a fix but I'd rather not need to do it.

The cleans are surprisingly good with a touch of reverb and the gain rolled back on the amp. Just don't go too overboard with the reverb that's built into the amp, once the knob passes noon it sounds like you're playing an industrial drumset.

It can also play low - mid gain quite well. About the "fire" issues, those have been ironed out since 2009. Providing your amp is a post 2008 summer model, you'll be fine.

Good deal is good.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Yeah, I tried my Wilshire out on one, I've just remembered. The reverb was ridiculous

Alright, this sounds more and more promising. Between this and the VHT Lead 20, for the bands/genres stated which would you pick? Those are the two amps I'm currently set on, since the VHT is also a decent deal and I've only heard positive stuff.