Poll: Should kids be banned at some public places?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should kids be banned at some public places?
Yes
146 90%
No
17 10%
Voters: 163.
Page 1 of 3
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43718876/ns/business-small_business/

Great idea. I have nothing against little kids (hold the pedo jokes) but I find a lot of their parents to be ignorant shits. Wouldn't mind seeing this happen at a lot of places. Particularly movie theaters and concerts. What say you?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Movie theaters for sure. I don't wanna sit through the newest Disney movie and have to be surrounded by kids or pedophiles.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Not because they are kids but because they are annoying as ****. I hate whining screaming people and kids tend to be that all the time. I can't stand hearing a baby or a kid screaming for 20 minutes straight when I'm on my way into the city and I have no way of avoiding the sounds.

Not that I can really demand a ban of kids on the public transportation but yeah. Kids annoy the hell out of me some days. Especially if I'm having a shit day and feel like I wanna kill something.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jul 12, 2011,
Unless it's a film aimed at the younger ages, yeah cinemas for sure. And they should remove that stupid rating where you can see films that are rated too high for you just because you have an adult with you
Good. I don't like children crying and fucking screaming over stupid shit like not getting a cookie when I'm trying to enjoy dinner.
I work at a restaurant, and kids can be a pain in the arse.

Seriously. Some of them make a real mess. You wouldn't imagine.
Last week, some little girl dropped her plate on the floor, before they had started eating.
The plate broke (obviously). Then her mother said she wanted a new one for free.

Of course she didn't get one.
Someone would eventually come out and argue how this is discrimination. Can't see it ever working.
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by Jackal58
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43718876/ns/business-small_business/

Great idea. I have nothing against little kids (hold the pedo jokes) but I find a lot of their parents to be ignorant shits. Wouldn't mind seeing this happen at a lot of places. Particularly movie theaters and concerts. What say you?

The same ignorant shits are are still going to be in those restaurants, but because they're not looking after Bratford they'll be able to let out all the obnoxious pretensions they bottle up around their kids.

This restaurant will trigger WWIII.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by ShadesOfNight
Unless it's a film aimed at the younger ages, yeah cinemas for sure. And they should remove that stupid rating where you can see films that are rated too high for you just because you have an adult with you

So you can't see a PG 13 movie if you 12. That's retarded.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Oyface
I work at a restaurant, and kids can be a pain in the arse.

Seriously. Some of them make a real mess. You wouldn't imagine.
Last week, some little girl dropped her plate on the floor, before they had started eating.
The plate broke (obviously). Then her mother said she wanted a new one for free.

Of course she didn't get one.

I spill my soda almost every time I go out.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by WCPhils

Well why should you?
If it was meant for 12 year olds, it would be PG 12 not 13.
I support this wholeheartedly. Not really much else to say.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by ShadesOfNight
Well why should you?

The film makers don't rate their movies. A special board does. And they often do it unfairly, too. They don't actually have to accept the rating.
Quote by vintage x metal

Good thing , most young kids seem to totally hate noise and crowds and start crying and whining.

Would'nt be that much of a pain if their parents would take care of the situation , but no , they just start talking louder in hope that their brat will eventually shut the **** up.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by WCPhils

You get films which are 12a rating

Basically, to watch it on your own you have to be 12 or over but you can be like 2 or 3 and watch it if you have a parent with you.

I remember seeing Terminator 3 when I was 12 and noticing all the little toddlers with parents and wondering what they were doing in a film with quite a bit of swearing etc in it
Check out my fitness blog here
Sounds fair enough, kids just piss everyone off in public.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Jack Off Jill
The film makers don't rate their movies. A special board does. And they often do it unfairly, too. They don't actually have to accept the rating.

You have to draw the line somewhere though, or the rules will just get bent and bent and soon you'll have screaming 5 year olds all the way through Saw part 35.
DVDs should be at the parents discretion, but in public places rules should be rules.
Quote by ShadesOfNight
Well why should you?

Do you honestly think a 12 year old can't handle a movies like Indiana Jones, Spiderman, Pirates of Caribbean ect? Movies rating aren't laws, they are just guidelines.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
It could work out, but I don't see this trend catching on at all. Unless it's a high-class place, business owners aren't going to cut out some of their audience which impedes on their profits.
Quote by maiden_man_666
You get films which are 12a rating

Basically, to watch it on your own you have to be 12 or over but you can be like 2 or 3 and watch it if you have a parent with you.

I remember seeing Terminator 3 when I was 12 and noticing all the little toddlers with parents and wondering what they were doing in a film with quite a bit of swearing etc in it

The best thing ever was seeing all the children in Pan's Labyrinth. Just beautiful.
Quote by ShadesOfNight
You have to draw the line somewhere though, or the rules will just get bent and bent and soon you'll have screaming 5 year olds all the way through Saw part 35.
DVDs should be at the parents discretion, but in public places rules should be rules.

I watched movies like that when I was five. My parents explained to me how the make up was done and that it was like playing with my friends.

However, I'm not saying that there's something wrong with the rating system. I do think there is, but I'm not getting into it since it's off topic. What I'm saying is that it's not specifically meant to be a certain rating.

And ratings aren't rules.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Jul 12, 2011,
I hear Virgin Atlantic plan on selling adult-only flights... I would pay a good amount more to be on that flight!
Kids, in general, are some of the worst creatures on this planet. "But you were a kid once!" Yeah, but I ruled. Didn't cry constantly like a bitch, didn't scream my head off like a monkey, didn't run around annoying people.

All kids should aspire to be like me back then.
Last edited by DaFjory at Jul 12, 2011,
I have no problem with it. It's private property, they can refuse service if they want.

I also agree with Jackal and the guy in the article. It's mostly the parents. They don't teach the brats manners and the kids run wild and the parents sit there and do nothing.

If you can't control your kids, you don't have the right to eat there.
I think they should ban everyone who's ever been a child from public places.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by ShadesOfNight

The rating system is ****ed up in the first place though. movies like Harry Potter and the Simpson's are rated PG-13 but I honestly can't think of many people I have known who didn't read Harry Potter growing up, and weren't raised on the Simpson's.

And like I said in my other pos,t ratings are guidelines, they aren't laws or rules. It's up to the parents discretion.

It's the same thing with video games. Everyone played Mortal Kombat and Goldeneye growing but know that's there kids playing Call of Duty it should be illegal.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Jul 12, 2011,
Quote by WCPhils
The rating system is ****ed up in the first place though. movies like Harry Potter and the Simpson's are rated PG-13 but I honestly can't think of many people I have known who didn't read Harry Potter growing up, and weren't raised on the Simpson's.

And like I said in my other pos,t ratings are guidelines, they aren't laws or rules. It's up to the parents discretion.

It's the same thing with video games. Everyone played Mortal Kombat and Goldeneye growing but know that's there kids playing Call of Duty it should be illegal.

Honestly, the fact that The Simpsons movie is only pg-13 is why it's unfair. It show Bart's junk. Which is inconsistent with other films that have dealt with child nudity. Or shown less.

Films that have homosexuality at all usually get harsher ratings for the same thing that normal relationships would.

Barbarella is rated either G or PG, I can't remember. There's tits in the opening sequence. Then you've got Jaws going down to a G rating.
Quote by vintage x metal

good restaurant would know to have a kids section.
good restaurant would know that more customers = more money.
good restaurant would know that if you have too many customers, you could set up and invest in another.
good restaurant would maybe even set up a kids only version.
good restaurant would try to help society, not make it harder for people who live.
good restaurant can appease everyone.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Honestly, the fact that The Simpsons movie is only pg-13 is why it's unfair. It show Bart's junk. Which is inconsistent with other films that have dealt with child nudity. Or shown less.

Films that have homosexuality at all usually get harsher ratings for the same thing that normal relationships would.

Barbarella is rated either G or PG, I can't remember. There's tits in the opening sequence. Then you've got Jaws going down to a G rating.

I forgot about that scene.

Sixteen candle also has nudity and that is PG. You never see nudity in anything accept R anymore.

Also Jaws was rated G?
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by untalented
good restaurant would know that if you have too many customers, you could set up and invest in another.
good restaurant would try to help society, not make it harder for people who live.

I dunno about that. You might have an increase in sales. Think of the parents that don't go out because their kids will want to go, they might like having the excuse when their kids start complaining. Or the people who might choose to go there instead because there won't be any kids.
Quote by WCPhils
I forgot about that scene.

Sixteen candle also has nudity and that is PG. You never see nudity in anything accept R anymore.

Also Jaws was rated G?

The ratings on those movies went down over a period of time. Barb had no rating originally but was suggested for mature audiences. Sixteen Candles and Jaws were both R.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I dunno about that. You might have an increase in sales. Think of the parents that don't go out because their kids will want to go, they might like having the excuse when their kids start complaining. Or the people who might choose to go there instead because there won't be any kids.

bolded part no.
otherwise adult only restaurants i can see making more money, perhaps. it's a bit of a slap in the face to society, though.
it's their choice. i don't think anyone's going to lose any sleep over it as people with kids can just go somewhere else.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by untalented
bolded part no.
otherwise adult only restaurants i can see making more money, perhaps. it's a bit of a slap in the face to society, though.
it's their choice. i don't think anyone's going to lose any sleep over it as people with kids can just go somewhere else.

I know parents who will do certain activities just because their kids can't go.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

The ratings on those movies went down over a period of time. Barb had no rating originally but was suggested for mature audiences. Sixteen Candles and Jaws were both R.

Ah, that makes more sense.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by untalented

Yeah, alright. Because it's that easy.
Inb4 woffelz
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I agree with this. There have been multiple occasions in the past few months where my wife and I went out to enjoy a nice dinner somewhere and had it ruined by unruly children whose parents did nothing to try to keep them in line. I wasn't taken to sit down restaurants to eat until I was probably 9 years old and had learned to behave myself. Kids these days get away with murder and then the parents try to negotiate with them rather than teaching them how to act around other people. It sickens me and I wish more people would follow his lead.
Quote by untalented

You are so wrong, and obviously have no experience working at a restaurant.
Page 1 of 3