Hi,

I´ve always loved my Epi SG400 and I wouldn´t really like to put it down, but I only need two guitars (I have a Gibson SG too) and I saw the Gibson Vampire Blood whatever and the specs are quite my taste. So I wondered, is it worth just to install a floyd rose on a Epi G400 or is that impossible? Changing then pickups to active, refret, etc... mostly the Floyd is my problem.

Or just scratch the old guitar, hang it on the wall and get the other, new Gibson vampire.

?
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
well, it is a completely different design, than the sg400.

it has swampash, gibson ACTIVE pickups, explorer body, actual floyd rose system, and unless i am mistaken, an ebony fingerboard.

it will sound completely different than an sg400 with a modded floyd.

the question is, do you like how the explorer sounds, and can you easily afford it?

personally, i would just mod and improve your current sg. you know, graphite nut and saddle pieces, some wcr pickups, better wiring, etc.
BUT, with the options you are asking about, i'd say get the vampire.
Well, I like the sound of both, and I can afford the Vampire, but I just put out 1300 on new amp, so I rather mod the Epi. And then get experience with that.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
then you answered your own question.

btw, look at graphtech for a few of the mods.

on my lp copy i put on the resomax nv2 and nvt, as well as their black xl graph nut, and it sounds noticeably better on all frequencies. more attack, more clarity in the bottom end, notes aren't thin high up anymore. it worked wonders. and all for around 200$

and if you decide to switch pickups, try looking at dimarzio or if you want boutique, wcr.
the wcr godwoods i have are amazing, and the joe satriani pickups by dimarzio are pretty nice as well
You might have a tough time getting a floyd rose in the SG. Those bodies are a lot thinner than other guitars. The string block for the trem may stick out the back.