Poll Options
View poll results: What Should I do?
School
81 68%
Apartment
38 32%
Voters: 119.
Page 1 of 3
I got kicked out of my moms house for smoking and takin some money. I was forced to live with my dads. Yesterday he told me I wasnt doing anything with my life and that im an irresponsible person who needs to grow up and take care of myself, so hes forcing me to go out and live on my own... So I have very little money, dont go to school, and im living at a friends house until i can afford something else. So I ask you pit. What should I spend my money on an apartment with rent or go to school and feel like im mooching off my friends family.
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

Why don't you tell your parents you want to go to school and see if they will allow you back? Also for flat out kicking you out, your parents sound like dicks for doing that, sorry man. But maybe it will make/has made you more responsible.

(either way try to go to school)
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Last edited by Msword7 at Jul 12, 2011,
If you don't go to school because you're too old, fair enough, go get a job.

If you're not going to school simply because you can't be arsed, I have no sympathy, you're just lazy.

You stole money off your mum? That's cold.

Get a job, pay your friend's family rent (or your own parents), then grow up.
Quote by Mazzakazza
If you don't go to school because you're too old, fair enough, go get a job.

If you're not going to school simply because you can't be arsed, I have no sympathy, you're just lazy.

You stole money off your mum? That's cold.

Get a job, pay your friend's family rent (or your own parents), then grow up.

lol too old? He's like 18 ish
Quote by Dragforce92
I got kicked out of my moms house for smoking and takin some money. I was forced to live with my dads. Yesterday he told me I wasnt doing anything with my life and that im an irresponsible person who needs to grow up and take care of myself, so hes forcing me to go out and live on my own... So I have very little money, dont go to school, and im living at a friends house until i can afford something else. So I ask you pit. What should I spend my money on an apartment with rent or go to school and feel like im mooching off my friends family.

Do you honestly believe you don't deserve it?
Stole money from you mom? Yeah, you sound like nice guy.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Msword7
lol too old? He's like 18 ish

That's old enough to go get set up.
I have friends who have houses, jobs, spouses and children. They're 19 and making a bloody good go of life.

To the OP, I'm guessing we're not getting the full story here.
To get kicked out by both parents seperately seems like you're omitting years of you being a dick.
Quote by Zeletros
Do you honestly believe you don't deserve it?

Do you really think he does?

It isn't like TS killed someone (as far as we know). So he is lazy and stealing from his mom was pretty shitty. But I doubt it was grand theft or anything. There are other ways for parents to get their kid on the right path than saying "**** off you're kicked out" I don't think that is grade A parenting in our society.

Not to say TS wont necessarily come out of it a better person
Quote by Mazzakazza
Then why isn't TS going in the first place? Laziness?

Failed out... I will admit, very very poor choices were made but whats done is done, i have a job, im saving money but i dont know what for
Quote by Butters

Quote by Towelie

Quote by Randall

Tell your parents to go **** themselves and that they shouldn't have had kids if they were just going to throw them on the streets.

And you don't think you deserve it?

TS, you sound like a giant penis.
Quote by Msword7
Do you really think he does?

It isn't like TS killed someone (as far as we know). So he is lazy and stealing from his mom was pretty shitty. But I doubt it was grand theft or anything. There are other ways for parents to get their kid on the right path than saying "**** off you're kicked out" I don't think that is grade A parenting in our society.

Not to say TS wont necessarily come out of it a better person

As far as we know, we don't know anything about TS, other than that he got kicked from house for doing something terrible he's not telling us about.

Stealing from your own kin is, though, enough a deed to kick out a child, for me.

Your assumption of his innocense is NOT more valid that my assumption of his guilt, it's just that I approach from the negative side.
Growing up isn't just an overnight thing. I haven't stolen money from my family since I was like, 12, and I made amends for that, but, yeah, go to school for something you enjoy, and get a part time job, find a roommate and get a place, you won't be living fancy, but you'll have some integrity.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by Dragforce92

wow taking money ... you deserve being kicked out.

Go to school , seriously. Don't miss the opportunity , or you'll regret it later when you'll have a shitty job.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by Good_Lord at Jul 12, 2011,
Quote by Good_Lord

Go to school , seriously

I thought his dad turned out gay and he had two now
Seems like you got what your behavior asked for to me.

Man up and handle your responsibilities. Get a job, get a small apartment, learn from this so you don't do it to the next person that trusts you.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Msword7
Also for flat out kicking you out, your parents sound like dicks for doing that, sorry man.
(either way try to go to school)

No they don't. What kind of person expects to live with their parents behaving like that. TS deserved it.
Quote by guitarhero_764
Tell your parents to go **** themselves and that they shouldn't have had kids if they were just going to throw them on the streets.

same situation with my brother, he didnt take money, but he did go into the hospital as a john doe for dropping acid and ecstacy... Im not blaming my parents for my actions, but they definatly didnt do anything to stop us until it became too late
Quote by Butters

Quote by Towelie

Quote by Randall

Quote by Dragforce92
same situation with my brother, he didnt take money, but he did go into the hospital as a john doe for dropping acid and ecstacy... Im not blaming my parents for my actions, but they definatly didnt do anything to stop us until it became too late

Are you f*cking kidding me? You're old enough to know what you should and shouldn't do while living under your parents roof.
You are nineteen...You dad wants to penetrate your mothers vagina without you hanging around. He might even want to sodomize her. Cant you take a ****ing hint?
Quote by Dragforce92

Why do you consider that your parents should be the one who should stop you from doing wrong and not YOURSELF?

You certainly can't be stupid enough to consider what you have been doing "good" behaviour.
Quote by metaldud536

Are you f*cking kidding me? You're old enough to know what you should and shouldn't do while living under your parents roof.

Back off. A kid should be allowed to do ecstasy, steal and not attend school, if they wish
I agree that he probably did something more, like years of being a dick or such, but in any case now that what is done is done, finish school, get a job and start living, and for ****s sake stop smoking, maybe you could try to fix the situation and stop being a dick, it´s not too late for you, but it soon will.

Though I think you are a dick, best of lucks for you, brother.
My Gear:
Oh wait, no one cares

"Buckethead is probably twice as good a guitar player as me and Slash combined" - Dave Mustaine
Quote by sam b
Back off. A kid should be allowed to do ecstasy, steal and not attend school, if they wish

And parents should be allowed to kick their kids out for doing ecstasy, stealing and not attending school, if they wish

Oh, I think they are actually allowed as long as the kid is 18+
Quote by Zeletros
And parents should be allowed to kick their kids out for doing ecstasy, stealing and not attending school, if they wish

Oh, I think they are actually allowed as long as the kid is 18+

Well I was being sarcastic, but ok
I would kick you out, too. What kind of parent would put up with that non-sense?

I have news for anyone who is saying the parents are dicks: you're kidding yourselves. If they didn't kick him out and force him to fend for himself, he would just continue to lie, cheat and steal his way through life.

This is the best thing that could have happened for him based on his actions.

Good parents. Stupid children.
Jesus ****ing Christ. The kid only asked for opinions on what he should do. I know that he probably deserved to get kicked out, and he's kinda ruining his credibility with that last "they didn't stop us" bit, but that's not what he wants. The OP didn't sound like a sob story asking for sympathy. He was just asking where he should go from here.

TS: If you're friends parents are comfortable with you staying for a while, pay them rent while you go to school. If you haven't graduated from high school, get a GED and and attend community college, at least.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
You should get an apartment you dumbass before your friend kicks you out too. Which probably won't be long from now.
Quote by carlos_almighty
Jesus ****ing Christ. The kid only asked for opinions on what he should do. I know that he probably deserved to get kicked out, and he's kinda ruining his credibility with that last "they didn't stop us" bit, but that's not what he wants. The OP didn't sound like a sob story asking for sympathy. He was just asking where he should go from here.

TS: If you're friends parents are comfortable with you staying for a while, pay them rent while you go to school. If you haven't graduated from high school, get a GED and and attend community college, at least.

I don't think he's much of a christian
Quote by Dragforce92
Tell them they have no right to dictate what you do with your own bodies.

edit: And people need to stop making their own assumptions about this guy's life. None of you have met him. You have no idea how much of a "dick" he is.
Last edited by guitarhero_764 at Jul 12, 2011,
Quote by SG_dave
That's old enough to go get set up.
I have friends who have houses, jobs, spouses and children. They're 19 and making a bloody good go of life.

To the OP, I'm guessing we're not getting the full story here.
To get kicked out by both parents seperately seems like you're omitting years of you being a dick.

The fuck? I don't want marriage or kids until I'm at the very least in my late twenties. Once you're married and have a mortgage that's pretty much it. Would be nice to have my own place though, unfortunately with the money I'm on at the moment it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

OT: TS you made some pretty bad decisions but at least you have a job. You could always offer your friend's parents some rent money or you could look at moving into a place with room mates if you can't afford a place on your own.
*parp*
Quote by HelpTravesty
Yup.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445892

Why not follow through with this and join the military? You seem like you could use a good ass kicking.

I would do that, I really would, but I went to the recruit center and they told me that since i took adderall (I must stress that this was medicinal not ever an addiction) that i was told to wait a full year before they would even put me on the waiting list, I already said that if I am doing nothing else, as in still living with my friends or not going to school or not really trying to work on anything else, Ill give it a shot. but im not seeing this happen, im saving now for school, but if a good deal comes up on a house with a roommate, im gonna consider taking that up, but neither of those are gonna happen til at least next spring maybe fall.
Quote by Butters

Quote by Towelie

Quote by Randall

Quote by Bleurgh
The fuck? I don't want marriage or kids until I'm at the very least in my late twenties. Once you're married and have a mortgage that's pretty much it. Would be nice to have my own place though, unfortunately with the money I'm on at the moment it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

OT: TS you made some pretty bad decisions but at least you have a job. You could always offer your friend's parents some rent money or you could look at moving into a place with room mates if you can't afford a place on your own.

To be fair they were never ambitious people.
One of them used to deal drugs at school, then stopped when he turned 16 went and got a job and calmed down. Got his bird knocked up and decided there and then to turn his mistakes into the best parts of his life.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by guitarhero_764
Tell them they have no right to dictate what you do with your own bodies.

edit: And people need to stop making their own assumptions about this guy's life. None of you have met him. You have no idea how much of a "dick" he is.

Tyler, I know you're wayyyyy smarter than this. You sound kinda like a brat here.
Page 1 of 3