Is it possible to connect a nice Poweramp after the TA-15 head so I can get more power out of my amp (in case I have to play in a large forum)? Another thing, is it possible to get a really nice metal tone out of this head mixing it up with a good pedal? (Not extreme metal sound, just a juicy one). I picked this head because of the quality and versatility of it's sound and the size.

Thank you
Normally you could run a power amp out the Send of your amp's effects loop, but seeing as the TA-15 doesn't have an effects loop, I'm not sure if you can.

Also, you can always try out pedals like the MXR Micro Amp, Ibanez TS9, Metal Muff, etc. to see what you like.
Aren't they bringing out a higher powered TA soon? If it's not already out.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
There is a 100w version already but I don't have enough money for it. About the power amp I guess I can mic up the amp with a nice 4x12 cab and get a nice volume. About the pedal, where I live there are not so many options for testing pedals, but I suppose a nice Tubescreamer or the Catalinbread DLS can make me happy about the gain xD, the thing is that I'm worried about losing articulation and warmth using a distortion or overdrive pedal over a tube amp, I don't know how exactly this works in the quality of the sound... Like I said, I'm no looking for extreme metal, but accomplishing a really good metal sound (like JCM800, but with Mesa's articulation).
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Jul 12, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
^What you need, is either a used Stiletto or a Triaxis with an EL34/84 poweramp.

I don't think that's being exactly helpful.

What kinda metal tone are you after? What bands?

I generally wouldn't use the DLS to boost the TA15 too much. Pile on the gain and it can be a little mushy / fuzzy.

You could get a Suhr Shiba (or a Riot if you really want that HIGH GAIN), and OD your High Gain 2 channel with the power amp set to 25 watts... that should give you quite a high gain tone.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I'm looking for a progressive, heavy, power and thrash metal sound maybe (Avantasia, Tool, Iron
Maiden...) but I want to create my own sound using that as a base, that's another reason I'm choosing this amp, it has american and british sound (Hi2 and Hi1 respectively). And I play other genres too, like punk, reggae, funk, blues, latin... (I don't think I need anything more than this head and my pedals for this kind of music, but I'm worried about really high gain).
Quote by ragingkitty

I generally wouldn't use the DLS to boost the TA15 too much. Pile on the gain and it can be a little mushy / fuzzy.

You could get a Suhr Shiba (or a Riot if you really want that HIGH GAIN), and OD your High Gain 2 channel with the power amp set to 25 watts... that should give you quite a high gain tone.

I really like the idea of getting a Suhr Riot, It's like adding another channel to the amp (a really loud one) ... Thank you, very helpful advice, that's the kind of gain I'm looking for...
Quote by ragingkitty

He wanted a Mesafied Marshall tone the Stileltto is exactly that IIRC
Quote by GS LEAD 5
He wanted a Mesafied Marshall tone the Stileltto is exactly that IIRC

Not exactly, I need something more versatile... But I do appreciate your help, thank you .
Err... no NAD?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Err... no NAD?

I'm sorry, english is not my first language so I don't understand xD.
NAD = New Amp Day
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
xD lol! By the way, which speakers do you think sound better for this amp, V30's, Black Shadow or a mix (Like road king cab)...
I've only heard / tired it on the stock cab... so I can't comment there.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )