PRS SE Mikael Åkerfeldt signature, for those of you who didn't get it.

So, I'm not really good at reviews, but I'll give it a go.

First off, it's freaking beautiful. That maple top.

Quality-wise, it feels solid. It's easy to tune, it stays in tune (unless you do dive bombs every other minute), the pots and electronics feel sturdy.I guess the gold plating will wear off some time, but not for quite a while. The fat wide neck fits my hand perfectly, and the non-glossy finish at the back of the neck makes it smooth and fast.

And then the sound. It's the shape of a les paul, and kind of the same materials. But it does not sound like one! Kind of somewhere between a strat and les paul (Yes, for now they will be opposites). Fat and heavy at the neck pickup, and the bridge is bright enough to make this guitar cover loads of ground. If there's anything I've missed, please tell me.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
wow that is nice looking.

throw it on the scale.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Reckon you could rub the log off?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Really nice. However, the pup switch has a really awkward spot :/
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
Really nice. However, the pup switch has a really awkward spot :/

most prs guitars have it there. the upper horn like on a LP is an awkward spot if you think about it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
most prs guitars have it there. the upper horn like on a LP is an awkward spot if you think about it.

Yep.
That position PRS uses is great, i can easily access the pickup switch as i would the volume or tone knobs.

TS, congratulations on the guitar.
You can't go wrong with a PRS, they're awesome guitars.

Personally, i don't like some of the aesthetic choices they made in this guitar.
I had just bought my Singlecut when news of the Akerfeldt signature model came out. Being a massive Opeth fan, those news made me start biting my nails...
But when the pictures were released, i felt relieved, because i don't like signature guitars with massive logos on the body and i hate gold hardware.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by gregs1020

Actually, I like the LP switch's spot more than that one. Don't know why. However, the one in most strats and superstrats is probably the best for me.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I still think PRSs are just trying too damned hard.

Lose the birds and move the doodle up to the headstock in place of those bigass names and logos and you'd have a really nice guitar.
I don't really mind the logo, it's okay. I mean, it would look even better without it, but hell, this guitar looks and sounds pretty awesome as it is. The switch looks a bit awkward at first, but when you are standing there, playing, it's quite a handy place to put it.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by Spud Spudly
I still think PRSs are just trying too damned hard.
Lose the birds and move the doodle up to the headstock in place of those bigass names and logos and you'd have a really nice guitar.

For the record, their lower-grade instruments are like that.
I personally like the birds on the fretboard and the logo isn't really too big, at least it's informative and does not leave a question "Can you identify this guitar?" or "Which model is this?"
Quote by AtaBorMan
I don't really mind the logo, it's okay. I mean, it would look even better without it, but hell, this guitar looks and sounds pretty awesome as it is. The switch looks a bit awkward at first, but when you are standing there, playing, it's quite a handy place to put it.

Your guitar looks really good and is probably one of the best guitars in the price category it's placed. I forgot to congratulate you so, happy new guitar day! Hopefully that beauty will be your guitar for years.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

Last edited by Sakke at Jul 13, 2011,
Nice. Only thing I don't like about it is the location of the pickup selector.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
F**K YOU lol
I want one of these so bad
HNGD

also dat maple
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Thanks for the congrats, forgot about that

^So did I for a while. Then I got a job unexpectedly and decided to get one, obviously. I did try the Torero and a CE (though it was out of my budget) and honestly, I liked this the best. Sadly it does not come with Åkerfeldts voice
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
Very nice! I think the logo would have been better as an inlay, if that were possible...far too complicated I know, but it's just such an obvious signature...still, it's beautiful. I saw them live with him using one like this (guess it wasn't an SE, maybe it was), sounded amazing. Enjoy man, you need to play deliverance at top volume!
Quote by Mazzakazza
I saw them live with him using one like this (guess it wasn't an SE, maybe it was)

Mikael uses this exact same model live (among other, higher-end PRS guitars).

If any modifications were made to it, they are well hidden, because it looks exactly like this one. Even the headstock reads the same things (SE Mikael Akerfeldt).
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112