I was in the local GC yesterday to pick up a footswitch I had ordered. While I was there I browsed the used pedals in the display. I noticed a strange little switch on a Boss DS-1 and asked the clerk if he knew that the pedal had been modded, and if so, what was the mod? He was clueless, had no idea, never even noticed the switch (holy crap, I could see it from 10 feet away and I have cataracts) . I took a closer look and saw the "Keeley" stickers all over the box and pedal, and handed him my $19.99 +tax and asked for my receipt. About that time, one of the other clerks pointed it out to the store manager, who saw me making my payment.... He said...oh well, sold now. On the box the sticker says it is the "Ultra mod".

So as to comply with forum rules...here's a few pics. (Click on picture for full size).

So far, after playing with it just a bit, it is a real noticeable improvement over the stock DS-1 (like that's hard to do ). The tone on both switch settings is a big improvement, closer to the MD-2 that I prefer. Also has a finer adjustment in my opinion. Makes it a little easier to fine tune the exact sound you want. I'm glad I got it for $20.00 instead of $140.00 listed on the Keeley website.

I also put another one on layaway (yes, we broke the bank that day). An Ibanez TS-7, in near new shape, also for a $20.00 bill. All in all, a good day at GC for me.
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Jul 12, 2011,
*obscenities* nice score!!!

wish we had GC over here in the UK so we could go in and commit daylight robbery xD
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Awesome mod, I actually did it myself and it's now my main distortion pedal. Have fun playing with it!

BTW, does yours have an LED in the middle of the O where in says tone, right by the knob?
Last edited by phayzze at Jul 12, 2011,
Yes it does. First thing I noticed when I turned it on. It appears he (Keeley) takes the red LED out from it's normal position and puts it in the "o" from the word "Tone". He then puts a blue LED in the old red LED spot. Dunno why, but he does. I went to the website to read about it, and the picture on the website is done the same way.
Sweet

You can really get some sweet deals from GC used.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Yes it does. First thing I noticed when I turned it on. It appears he (Keeley) takes the red LED out from it's normal position and puts it in the "o" from the word "Tone". He then puts a blue LED in the old red LED spot. Dunno why, but he does. I went to the website to read about it, and the picture on the website is done the same way.

From what i read, in one of the switch settings, it adds in the LED to act as a compressor of sorts. Not that i know how that works, im no electrician :P

Nice one man, pretty damn jealous you got one so cheap!
I have the Keeley Blues Driver, and its great, especially as a bluesy OD on my Blackstar's clean channel.
D00000000000d

that was an awesome score!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Nice find! HNPD!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Nicely done.

Still only a $10 pedal with $10 extra parts though..
mojostompboxes.com
True, true, but then again, most any pedal consists of about $10.00-$20.00 worth of materials. Compared to most any of the Boss distortion pedals, I like it pretty well so far. I still like the MD-2 better though. I went and picked up the pedal I put on layaway too....

Got it for $20.00 as well. Don't know anything about it at all. I thought from the model number it was an older model (before the TS9's). Looking at the pedal though, it has a switch setting for "TS9" and "Hot", so obviously it was made since the TS9 came out. I like it ok, but my TS9DX will still be my main OD pedal. I think it's a good buy for maybe a trader pedal or something.
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by IbanezBossShred
True, true, but then again, most any pedal consists of about $10.00-$20.00 worth of materials. Compared to most any of the Boss distortion pedals, I like it pretty well so far. I still like the MD-2 better though. I went and picked up the pedal I put on layaway too....

Got it for $20.00 as well. Don't know anything about it at all. I thought from the model number it was an older model (before the TS9's). Looking at the pedal though, it has a switch setting for "TS9" and "Hot", so obviously it was made since the TS9 came out. I like it ok, but my TS9DX will still be my main OD pedal. I think it's a good buy for maybe a trader pedal or something.

There's only a couple of very, very minor differences between the TS7 and the TS9.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
happy new keely mod'd ds1 day..

gotta love the clueless clerks at the gc pedal counter.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
HNPD

My almost greatest score was taking an Orange Rocker30 but getting charged for an Orange Crush30. Some manager came screaming over at the last minute, if I'd been a bit more with it I think I could have got away with it, shouldn't have acted hell shocked and excited till I was out with the goods :P

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12
Quote by gregs1020
happy new keely mod'd ds1 day..

gotta love the clueless clerks at the gc pedal counter.

Thanx.

And he doesn't even own a guitar....he plays banjo, whatever that is...
bump for pedal snipe of the day for sure.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.