i'm using reaper to record my band. it's been working fine until recently when it won't pick up my playing. i'm running a microphone -> mixer -> mic input on my laptop but no sound is coming through. it's also not working on my other recording softwares (kristal and audacity). when i checked the control panel, a strong signal was coming through the external mic. help?

i already posted this in the recording forum, but the pit moves faster.
Is the volume up in Reaper?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
Is the volume up in Reaper?

as in the track volume? if so yes
Quote by hardcore81
as in the track volume? if so yes

That or the input volume and anything else there might be. If they all work, try a different computer. Other than that, I can't help you.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Maybe windows has done something stupid and has changed the recording input. Check your system settings if there's nothing obviously up with reaper.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Check inside Reaper and your other programs for what recording input is being used along with the recording levels, and that all appropriate drivers for your sound card are in installed.
Open the preferences in Reaper and check if your Mic is the one it's listening to.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....