Alright, so a couple weeks ago, I blocked off my strats trem. It feels fine when I play anywhere before the 12th fret, but once I start playing at the 12th fret or higher, it doesn't feel right at all. It almost feels as if the strings are too loose and too low. The thing is, I checked and it doesn't appear as if I need to adjust the truss rod at all - there is no buzz or anything. I raised my string height and that didn't really seem to help. It's kind of hard to explain, but hopefully someone here can give some advice haha.

thanks for any help
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Are relatively you new to playing guitar? You may just need to get used to it. Usually, the higher frets are supposed to have some pretty low action. It's common for people to get the action as low as possible before creating dead notes on bends. Low action can affect sustain though, and cause buzz, but if neither of those things are a problem, then I don't see what the issue is. And it's normal that the strings would feel more loose near the 12th fret and up, that's the middle of the strings and where less tension is present.

And you said you blocked off your strats trem? I think people usually just add more springs and tighten the claw screws., but I guess you can block it off just the same. I don't think this would make a difference on you action.
Last edited by W4RP1G at Jul 12, 2011,
Quote by W4RP1G
Are relatively you new to playing guitar? You may just need to get used to it. Usually, the higher frets are supposed to have some pretty low action. It's common for people to get the action as low as possible before creating dead notes on bends. Low action can affect sustain though, and cause buzz, but if neither of those things are a problem, then I don't see what the issue is. And it's normal that the strings would feel more loose near the 12th fret and up, that's the middle of the strings and where less tension is present.

And you said you blocked off your strats trem? I think people usually just add more springs and tighten the claw screws., but I guess you can block it off just the same. I don't think this would make a difference on you action.

No I'm not new haha I've been playing for about 5 years. I think I'm just so used to floating bridges that when I blocked my trem it just felt different for a while. I just raised my string height a lot and it seems to feel better. I like having the strings feel pretty tight, and with a floating bridge they usually feel tighter right? Once I blocked it I just had to adjust the action a bit for it to feel like it did before.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W