Page 1 of 2
There's been a few threads over the past few months about hiding various 'contraband' things such as condoms and the like - and also about keeping secrets from parents.

So i was wondering how controlling are your parents? Mine aren't at all really - they've tried to be but i've generally just stopped it on the spot so it didn't drag out and become a painful experience time and time again (not that it's always helped). They're relatively conscious about interactions with girls - i actually booked a holiday once for me and my girlfriend a while back, and they managed to convince themselves i'd pay for 2 rooms instead of one And i have felt the need to hide condoms (if you must know, i hid them with all my sculpting tools...) in my life.

But they've never 'snooped' through my things or searched around - or atleast they have and i've not known and they've found nothing.

So what about you? How controlling/snoopy are your parents?
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Yeah. They say that if I ever smoke pot they're gonna take all my stuff off me and throw me out.

Well, I'm screwed if they find out.
Not really anymore, im also 20, my alcohol is in my room, i regularly drink my dads as well, my dad and mom have both found my condoms etc, my gf stays in my bed if we are at my parents house
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Controlling? No.

Snoopy? Yes, but not excessive.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by JD2k9
Yeah. They say that if I ever smoke pot they're gonna take all my stuff off me and throw me out.

This was all an elaborately laid trap by your parents!

Now gtfo my house bitch!

You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Nope.

feelsgoodman.jpg
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I turn 20 in December, so more or less they stay out of my business. They live separate, I usually stay with my mom. I can pretty much do what I want, but if I do something that happens to piss her off I have to listen to her bitch at me.
Not controlling, but I better come home telling them my life story and what I plan on doing every time I come home with a girl.

That has only been twice...
Controlling occasionally, they told me I'd be out if I smoked weed.

Snoopy- No.. I keep condoms on my desk, regularly had my girlfriend round (although they didn't let us in the same bed to sleep because i was 15 and she was 16), drink alcohol regularly and my dad gives me money to go to the pub sometimes. I've got it pretty good I think. I'm 17.
Check out my fitness blog here
Went through the "difficult" stage years ago when I was in my early-mid teens, and they hated everything I did so tried to control me and I kept rebelling etc etc, and eventually they just gave up. I never hid anything from them. I was a right twat, but honest at least. Nowadays I can do what I like really, I pretty much have free reign as long as it doesn't interfere with their lives.
Quote by Scutchington
Controlling? No.

Snoopy? Yes, but not excessive.

Pretty much this for me.

They can be a bit snoopy sometimes, but it doesn't bother me very much as long as it stays at the level it's at now.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Well, I turn 20 next week and I give my mother 400$ as my rent, so she doesn't really have the option to be snoopy now. But no, she never was. Started having sex at 14 and never hid condoms. Always allowed to have girls stay over. I could freely call her and say "not coming home tonight. Wasted" It's amazing what you can do when neither you or your parent is a douche bag.
Mine aren't controlling or snoopy or anything. My dad's even said in the past that he doesn't have anything against people smoking weed or anything. I'm not willing to see if this applies to me or not, but I only smoke once in a blue moon anyway, and when I do, I'm nowhere near home.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Jul 12, 2011,
Nope, but my brother is snoopy.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Dirge Humani

This

Also, yes. To the extreme. My mother used to go through my garbage. My dad has a program set up so he can see everything I do and say on the internet and all my text messages. It's funny cause I'm 18. Very controlled childhood. Needless to say I have issues now.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
my parents are really controlling about some stuff (they wont even let me date, and b/c i live in the middle of nowhere they can enfoce that) and they refuse to let me buy Green Day's American Idiot because its explicit.
And I have to change all my passwords constantly.
but on the other hand, they dont snoop--they dont think i would do anything they disapproved of. as if. they dont even know this account exists.
No and No. They actually got me a box of featherlite condoms when they found out I'd started having sex and told me to alway be protected. Though quite recently when my mum was putting some washing it my underwear draw she found the same box of featherlites, which was now empty, she had a go at me saying "You shouldn't be using featherlites, they're not real protection! You should be using extra safe".
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by JD2k9

Same here. Also, practically anything I did in college (get schwasted, do drugs, skip class, stay up really late, **** bitches, etc)
Mines are unbelievably snoopy. I am only 15 but they still take it a bit far. The other day i said I was going into Edinburgh (i live on he outskirts) and straight away they were both saying " why you going? how are you getting there? what time? who with? do you have money? how did you get that money?" which is really annoying. My room also gets searched sometimes , and whenever they find money they ask me straight away where i got it because they think i stole it out of my mums purse (which i don't do). Also my dad reads my texts.

Rant over
Quote by Dirge Humani

i was waiting for someone to post this.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
My parents aren't snoopy... Snoopy is a dog and that would be impossible!
Quote by fail
This

Also, yes. To the extreme. My mother used to go through my garbage. My dad has a program set up so he can see everything I do and say on the internet and all my text messages. It's funny cause I'm 18. Very controlled childhood. Needless to say I have issues now.

Download the web browser TOR onto a flash disk and run it from there. Gets you around any monitering/blocking
My mum is cool, basically trusts me to do anything as long as I don't kill myself. My dad would be quite controlling/snoopy if he weren't so inept.

Quote by BFMV1995
Mines are unbelievably snoopy. I am only 15 but they still take it a bit far. The other day i said I was going into Edinburgh (i live on he outskirts) and straight away they were both saying " why you going? how are you getting there? what time? who with? do you have money? how did you get that money?" which is really annoying. My room also gets searched sometimes , and whenever they find money they ask me straight away where i got it because they think i stole it out of my mums purse (which i don't do). Also my dad reads my texts.

Rant over

That makes me angry just reading it. It gets under my skin when parents don't afford kids at least some freedom of privacy.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Last edited by Mr_Jubby_Jubs at Jul 14, 2011,
Not at all... they don't try and control me so to speak - in some situations they'll offer their opinion or whatever, and try and coerce me into doing what they think is best, but they'll accept if I don't agree in the end.

They're probably aware I'm sexually active and stuff, but I don't think they care. My girlfriend will regularly stop over and sleep in the same bed, nothing was ever said about that.

They know the drill too, I have a couple of drawers in my bed-side table that they stay away from, I was able to keep condoms there without trouble (back when I used to use them).

Never had any problems with anything really... they don't mind me stopping out, going out etc, as long as I phone them and let them know I won't be home that night, and they do it without interrogating me as to who I'm with, where I am etc.
I get the impression they do their best, especially after my older sister moved out a couple of years ago - any time I go out I get interrogated about it before and after, for example - but they seem to think that I'm honest every time about what I've been doing and where I've been. Since I was about thirteen I've pretty much just always lied about where I'm going, who with, and casually missing out the drinking and pot-smoking stories. As far as I know they've never searched my room but they do set unreasonably early times to be home and things like that - I think they're scared of losing control of me or something
not at all. the only thing they care about is me smoking cigarettes which i can fully understand and appreciate their concern, in all other cases they give me as much freedom as i wish. but i am also 19 and don't live with them anymore so whatever
My parents are both and incredibly intolerant. I've been drug tested regularly since the begining of highschool, and breathalized regularly since I've gotten my license. They also have monitoring programs set up on the computers at home, but not my laptop luckily. They always have to know where I'm going, who I'm with, and what we're doing exactly and like i mean geographically speaking I have to give them the address and the other people's phone numbers and whatnot.

previous to college [just finished my freshman year of it] I wasn't allowed to go to concerts or parties and had a 10 pm curfew with no sleepovers. On prom and homecoming I had to come home right after the dance [which sucked because ive had my gf for 2 years and she has to deal with this crap if she wants to be with me haha]. I'm not even allowed out on new years which kinda bites. I can't have girls in my room as well. Ironically I've been a pretty good kid I'd say. Never gotten into trouble with the law, never gotten a single ticket, did well in school and am attending Penn State where I am a year ahead because of my class loads and summer school. Although one thing i will say is they kinda eased up over christmas vacation when i got back from college but that was probably because I told them that I hated them and that if they werent paying for my college I'd have no reason to keep them a part of my life [they're also SUPER religious] and that I don't believe in God or his sheep followers. I kinda regret it because my mom was real torn up about it but whatever, she had to find out at some point.
Currently Playing:
Arma 2/3, Dayz, GW2, GTA, Splinter Cell, ESO, FF:X, Pokemon X
No. My parents asked only three things of me: don't get myself killed, don't end up in jail, get an education.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Yeah, that's why I'm not a complete fuk up
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Nope not at all.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Uhm. Yes. Dad has been through my phone too many times so much so that I went out and bought a phone just so I could set a password on it, I'm pretty sure he goes through my room, reads my mail, tries to tell me how to dress, tries to tell me how to talk, tries to tell me how to think, when I go out he tries to enforce a curfew. Nah man, I'm almost 22. If I wasn't such a poor student, I would have moved out a long time ago. Crazy Indian dads. He was all good when I brought home a white boy though. But then again, he also basically told the boy that we were not allowed to sleep with each other. Lol. I was far from still having my virginity at the time. Now that he knows that, he tries telling me that I am not a proper Hindu. Hm.
I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful. ~Author Unknown
Page 1 of 2