Page 1 of 2
I got bored, so I decided to post this:

I have no good friends that you would hang out with out of school. I'm going to be a senior in high school I'm almost 17 and have never had a girlfriend. I also have no car. I can't find a job, so I can't buy a car. I need a plan, like Stalin's 5 year plans, exempt for me, not for that long, and your plan is supposed to work. I want to get a social life. I don't want to be some creepy guy with nothing to do anymore. At the same time, I want to be myself. I don't want to have to be mainstream.

Give me a plan to take me from being bored during the summer with no friends, to someone with a good social life. I somehow missed how to get friends and maintain relationships outside of school.
Make internet friends/wait until you leave high school.

Stop complaining about not having a car too...
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Get job
Make friends at work
Buy car
Hang out with friends after work
Meet friends of work friends
Meet friends of friends of work friends
Date attractive single friend of friend of work friend
???
Profit

Edit:

Quote by dave1701
I don't want to have to be mainstream.

Disregard everything I said, friends, cars, relationships, and money are too mainstream.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Jul 12, 2011,
Just talk to as many new people as you can and you'll eventually find a group that you'll be able to fit in with while still being yourself. If not, you'll meet a ton of new people in college, especially if you go away.
Quote by dave1701
I got bored, so I decided to post this:

I have no good friends that you would hang out with out of school. I'm going to be a senior in high school I'm almost 17 and have never had a girlfriend. I also have no car. I can't find a job, so I can't buy a car. I need a plan, like Stalin's 5 year plans, exempt for me, not for that long, and your plan is supposed to work. I want to get a social life. I don't want to be some creepy guy with nothing to do anymore. At the same time, I want to be myself. I don't want to have to be mainstream.

Give me a plan to take me from being bored during the summer with no friends, to someone with a good social life. I somehow missed how to get friends and maintain relationships outside of school.

I think you're taking this hipster thing a bit too far.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Be yourself. Cars are evil anyway, you don't need that, find some internet friends.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I think you're taking this hipster thing a bit too far.

I don't understand your signature

I said "this" many times... which one of those is that??
None of that is in any way unusual. Relax a bit and enjoy yourself.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Working your ass off to try and find a job is another great way to meet new people, especially if the job is far away from the general populace that you're familiar with. I would say thats probably your best bet right now is to keep looking for a job. Even if you don't like the people you meet, you'll have money for a car and hookers and something to fill your life up with.
Quote by dave1701
I don't want to have to be mainstream.

I found the source of the problem.
Quote by Zeletros

You made a post along the lines of "I don't want anyone to sig this", so I decided to be a smart ass and sig "this".
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Zeletros

become spiderman
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by dave1701
I want to be myself. I don't want to have to be mainstream.

Oh get over yourself.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Wow, I can't believe nobody has posted this yet.. I guess I'll be the first one.

No, but seriously, I don't have many friends either. I used to have a lot of rich friends, but they dumped me after they found the "a" group...

Find something that you are fond of (Guitar!?), and find people who share that same fondness!
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Last edited by Joe-Floyd-lover at Jul 12, 2011,
This is all normal. If you have a bookface you can rustle up some old friends and say "wanna meet up sometime".. not for every week but like a reunion... it'll keep you going.

If you want to make friends outside of your circle, you have to bite the bullet and do small talk with strangers. That'll be natural once you get a job.

If you really need wheels, buy a little 125 cc or 250 cc bike. cheap as chips ito maintain after the expensive "buying all the gear and insurance" part. Well.. it's still cheaper than a car. A lot more fun too.
You're going to get raped for insurance anyway at 17.

Moral of the story is everything will naturally happen if you find a job.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Keep looking for a job and once you get one, take a lot of hours. It's hard not to become friends with those you work with, especially if you're working with them a lot. Try to go to a college you can live at if possible (far enough that you would need a dorm is what I mean), living with people will force you to interact with them. If you're a musician try to find people to start a band with. You sound like you have people you hang with at school, so on a friday during class or whenever ask them what they're doing that night. Above all, be confident in yourself and force yourself to talk with others and hang out. Keep your head up buddy you'll be fine
I'm taking it that TS is being serious.

There's nothing wrong with saying you're lonely. If you genuinly feel dissatisfied with life, I'm sorry.

You just have to keep trying to find a job. Get out more. Go to some bars and clubs. Enjoy life. I understand if you want to be yourself, but sometimes if you want to find yourself and get what you want, you have to go a bit outside your comfort zone.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I'm 19, have no car and never had a girlfriend either. TS, you're 17, at that age if you somehow manage to get a girl to date you AND stay with her for longer than a month that's pretty impressive. Relax, that stuff comes with time, just go do things and hope to find people, surely you have some hobbies. Don't force friendships, that makes you the weird creepy dude.

I guess you live in a place where having a car is useful, but the fact is having a car generally doesn't help with other stuff except travelling (and have fun with your 5 bucks for gas over there). Job is good, keep trying to find one, again, takes patience.

If we could all have a plan, I'd be a rich, successful, not single, etc. but that would just be boring, wouldn't it?
You apparently like guitars and/or music, see if anybody from UG lives around you? I've met some great people in person from UG and we've always gotten along well. You're not so alone, we all love you.

Gobble gobble, one of us.
last.fm[/url}
I guess you could join a club, go to the gym, get a job, join a volunteer group, shit I don't know. I don't really hang out with people that often, and if I do it's mostly people from uni, old friends of mine or people I don't really know that well.

I think as you get older you don't really "go out" as much as you used to. When I was in grade school I hung out with people every day, then came high school and you were suddenly busy with home work so you only went out on the weekends. Then came uni and you were even busier, but you still managed to fit in a few days here and there. Then you get a job and pretty much hang out with your co-workers and a small group of friends, occassionally stepping out of your comfort zone and meet some other people, maybe at a party. You don't really have the time to maintain a larger group of friends so you might swap someone out now and then, fluently, maybe you drift away from eachother. You change, they change. People move, you move. Through life you'll drift away from a lot of people, but you'll also drift towards new people. Think of your social circle as a flowing stream, always changing.

Anyways, don't worry about it.

Quote by Silent Murder
This is all normal. If you have a bookface you can rustle up some old friends and say "wanna meet up sometime".. not for every week but like a reunion... it'll keep you going.

I'm apparently a moron, I sat thinking "bookface? Is that like a book worm or something?" before I realized
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
By "not being mainstream", I mean, I don't want to walk around with my pants on the ground, listen to pop and shit like that.

And I want a car because I can't walk or ride my bike anywhere around here. And it's not cool to have to have my mom drive me around...
Last edited by dave1701 at Jul 12, 2011,
You should get a Hawaiian shirt. So people think you're a party animal.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
You'll find that it only takes one friend and then you just become friends with their friends and it keeps spiraling out and out until you have a normal social life like everyone else.

That's how it worked for me at least. I lost all my middle school friends and had to find new people to hang out with so I feel you bro.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Good advise.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

I find a lot of the things you say hilarious but i'm pretty sure it's because i read them in tom waits' voice.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yeah...not fucking funny.

Well it's hard to convey that I was joking in text. Nevermind.
- Study Hard / Work Hard
- Start a band
- Go to parties
- Go to the local pool / beach / hangout / club
- Go on vacation

When your this close to being done with high school, then it'll be hard to make new friends. Just stick it out, be outgoing, start small talk, high school relationships (girl-wise) are stupid anyways. I've never had a girlfriend either (just graduated) and not to be cocky, but I'm not the most hideous creature ever.

Don't try too hard, you WILL meet some cool friends sooner or later. Relatives like cousins and siblings can also be good friend candidates also
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
Yea, I'm a beast. I every time I look in the mirror I say "Damn, these why the hell aren't these girls lining up at my front door?"

Just kidding. But I'm not ugly.
Quote by frankv
You're a black comboy, man. Chicks should be aiming their lassos at you!

I bet they're just bad at sports.

Damn right.
Quote by dave1701
Yea, I'm a beast. I every time I look in the mirror I say "Damn, these why the hell aren't these girls lining up at my front door?"

Just kidding. But I'm not ugly.

Yep, just feel good about yourself, don't sweat the small stuff. I've yet to find a girl that I even care about...
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
Page 1 of 2