Been thinking of getting a spiky metal guitar for awhile and saw this vid...whaddya think grail or fail?

Clicky
ESP Random Star? Go for it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Not a fan myself. As far as guitars that kind of shape go, I like the Jackson Warrior.
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
Hate it. But if you like it, do it. Personally I'd go for Jackson Warrior or an Ibanez Xiphos over that.
Wow that's really cool
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
I was expecting some thing like a fugly Razorback, or BC Rich, or a Xiphos. I was pleasantly surprised.
I'd go for it if you like it. It's not that an extreme a shape, so I doubt you would grow out of it.
I'm more for V guitars, but man, that's a great looking axe. Go for it, if you really want it.
I've always wanted a Random Star guitar.

Hopefully Ibanez will make one with a Wizard II neck and the AANJ one day.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Last edited by Woffelz at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by Lord_Doku
It looks like a nice guitar, but damn that's a mighty tone Gus has

+1. I think its a very cool shape. And Gus is just a tone machine. Guitar to amp no nonsense right there.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
I'm trying to get my hands on a guitar with that shape aswell.. If anyone has some suggestions except the Gus G sig let me know xD
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Damn, the tone on that video is awesome.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
Quote by Gego
I'm trying to get my hands on a guitar with that shape aswell.. If anyone has some suggestions except the Gus G sig let me know xD

ESP used to make a Roope Latvala signature model that had that shape. Though, it's still a sig model, and it only has one pick-up, and it's seems to have been discontinued. Might be able to find one on gumtree or ebay though.
I like it. Personally, I'd buy a more explorer shaped guitar though. How about a Jackson Kelly?

EDIT: I just watched that a little more. Now I want a Blackstar Series One. (and i just ordered a Jet City...)
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
Last edited by CowpokeFromHell at Jul 13, 2011,
This is so an advertisement for Blackstar amps.

Plus, I wouldn't really say that's super metal or spiky. It's not a B.C. Rich or a Razorback. It's kinda hair metal-esque but it's actually pretty cool. I would probably get one. Maybe.
Thanks for the replies guys...it wasn't just the shape that I found appealing...as some have said the tone on that vid sounds massive. I've got a laney TT50 which has a pretty decent hi-gain sound and I reckon they'd get on well