Ok, can I say I can play Survive by Rise Against, even if I can I do everything but the bass solo at the end of the last chorus?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
"I can play this song"
"Even the solo at the end of the chorus?"
"no"

I hope this answers your question.

You can however say "I can almost play all of that song".
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Jul 12, 2011,
you can say I can play the song, except for the bass solo at the end of the chorus.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Well, if you cant play all the parts of the song you cant play the song, then you can play some parts of the song.
Is raping a hooker really rape? Or is it theft?
Eat, sleep, play bass
well, if you can do something that sounds close enough for that part, yes, but failing to mention you don't do it the same as the original would make you seem worse than you are at bass.

I'd just try to learn it if I were you.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by andras67
you can say I can play the song, except for the bass solo at the end of the chorus.

Pretty much it lol

For me being able to play a song involves being able to perform it and have people happy with the performance and the playing.

Ie. If I wouldn't like to hear it on a recording back to myself or others... then I havn't got it down.
Lol this was a pretty funny thread... Hope you have learned your lesson about when you can say that you know how to play a song.