Hi,

I want a new amp and i want some suggestions,

the music that i usually play is Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dire Straits, SRV, Hendrix etc. and i also play a bit of guns n roses and Led Zepellin so i want the amp to have a nice clean tone but it should also handle distortion quite well. I currently have a Gibson Les Paul Studio and a Fender Mexican Strat but i usually use the LP.

My Price Range is £150-£400 ($300-$800) and i am currently looking at the amps -

Peavey Valve King 112

Peavey Vypyr 75

Peavey Classic 50

Fender Cyber Deluxe

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Fender Frontman 212r

I would really appreciate it if you told me which one suits me best or even suggest a better suited one.

Thanks in advance

I would rather a Tube/Valve amp
Last edited by itamar100 at Jul 12, 2011,
Vox VT20+/40+ ? no...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
From your list I would go with the Peavey Classic, but I would also consider a JCA2112
Tiny Terror Combo
not sure on the Laney VC 15
i would advise against the frontman cuz its a frontman.... and i would also advise against the vypyr as well. i had the 75 and the tone was just not that great at all. definately check out the vox, thats a real nice amp. or, u could go all tube (i would reccomend that) and check out the ac series by vox. i think vox would be the company u should check out because they will fit wat ur looking for pretty well. either that or a nice fender. watever it is, go with tube, the sound quality will be way better than a solid state
Quote by andrerist
i would advise against the frontman cuz its a frontman.... and i would also advise against the vypyr as well. i had the 75 and the tone was just not that great at all. definately check out the vox, thats a real nice amp. or, u could go all tube (i would reccomend that) and check out the ac series by vox. i think vox would be the company u should check out because they will fit wat ur looking for pretty well. either that or a nice fender. watever it is, go with tube, the sound quality will be way better than a solid state

is VERY debatable... but what he said, have a look for a used AC30 towards the top end of your budget. VOX is definitely a company that you should at least consider.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
YCV50/40.

fendery cleans, great drive (both amps can take 6l6's and EL34's)
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Thanks for the suggestions i will look at vox and orange and ill leave the Vypyr alone.
keep on coming!!!
I'd go for the

Peavey Vypyr 75
Peavey Classic 50
Blackheart Hothead
Jet City JCA 22

While the cleans on JCAs have been known to be lacking, the 22 could be quite an improvement. Nonetheless, its definitely worth waiting for to check out.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I have the peavey Vypyr 75 and it is a great amp, very diverse good for finding a tone to your specific needs, but i would go for a 30 watt model instead, my volume is too loud at 2, and it goes to 13!!

Its great and has stompbox effects with it aswell so you dont have do buy them seperately
Quote by Jake789521
my volume is too loud at 2, and it goes to 13!!

You mean it goes beyond 11????

D00d, you would blow Nigel Tufnel's mind!

Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
traynor ycv50b from thomann, assuming you're willing to buy online from germany. at current exchange rates it's around the £400 mark. EDIT: rein beat me to it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks Guys, i actually ended up Buying the VOX AC15 C1 and i love it! I love the warm, British Bluesy tone it has and i think appearance-wise vox make the nicest amp anyway.
Quote by itamar100
Thanks Guys, i actually ended up Buying the VOX AC15 C1 and i love it! I love the warm, British Bluesy tone it has and i think appearance-wise vox make the nicest amp anyway.

What's it like for Chili's?
Quote by K-P
What's it like for Chili's?

Using a strat with the treble just above mid and bass at around midway with low reverb it is quite good for chilis of course with a les Paul it will be slightly less suited to RHCP but still close.

P.S. Playing the blues using a les Paul with this amp works wonders and a les Paul even works well playing hendrix or SRV with this amp because of it nice warm bluesy tone.
Even if it isn't perfect for RHCP I don't think you would regret buying it.

(it is quite good for RHCP anyway)
(it is also great for songs by the dire straits).