Hello gays and gals,

I am absolutely in love with this song (In A Rough State) and am trying to tab it out by ear. It is definitely above my skill level, but I figure I would start working on it anyways. I am not far along at all, but this 6 second lick (27sec-33sec) is giving me a lot of trouble. Any help would be awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wBmIp1-CVY

Here is a rough tab of what I have so far. (I do not have a great ear and I don't have my guitar in front of me, so any corrections would be greatly appreciated!)

I think the song is tuned a half step down.

(Edited with help from Non-Fiction, thanks!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?
-------9~~--9-10-12----/17---12---9-10-12------------------------------5---------?
--/11------------------------------------------------9/11~~\9~~\4~~---4--4-------?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?

Like I said, I don't have my axe in front of me, so I only think this is how I play the intro, haha.

Thanks!
Last edited by Cloudeater7 at Jul 13, 2011,
I love Ohmura as well. *Cough look at my avatar if I haven't already changed and forgot that I did*

Sorry that I can't help with the part that your asking for, but the 9~~\6~ part is

9/11~/9~/4~ or so I'm almost 100% sure that it is.

*Edit* If I figure anymore out. I'll let you know.
Last edited by Non-Fiction at Jul 12, 2011,
Yeah, he is bad ass! I actually do play 4 and not the 6 there, I typo'd on that. But the 9/11~/9 is a good call, thanks!!!
--------------------------------------
---7---------------------- 5p4----------
-6----6-------9\8----8/6------4/6~-----
-------------Chicken pick-------------
----------/10------9------------------
-------------------------------------

Pretty sure this is the next bit. Might need some changes though.

He does his little signature chicken picking sliding a good bit in this song. I <3 it.
Last edited by Non-Fiction at Jul 12, 2011,