So awhile back I got my Schecter C1-FR, and I was going to switch the strings with new ones but I really liked the feel and size of the ones my local shop had put on it. Fast forward to now, and its definitely time to switch strings. Problem is I don't know what size the strings on here are! Is there anyway to figure out?
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
I think that they are probably going to be 9s or 10s. Thats what most stock strings feel like to me. I would lean more towards 10s. What tuning do you put it in? Are they loose? Are they tight?
GEAR:

1994 MIM Squier Strat with custom paint
Agile 3000

Peavey Valveking 100
Marshall Lead 1960
Marshall JCM 900 SLX
Carvin 4x12

Zoom G7.1ut
Quote by DustyR46
I think that they are probably going to be 9s or 10s. Thats what most stock strings feel like to me. I would lean more towards 10s. What tuning do you put it in? Are they loose? Are they tight?

E standard and they feel tight.
Set Up:
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX-401
Sanpera Footpedal
Do you know anyone that plays guitar that has a lot of experience? If you do you could let them try your guitar, and they should know what gauge the strings are just by the feel. But if they feel "tight" then they could be .10 gauge strings.

Or you could take your guitar to the store while you are buying the strings and ask one of the guys that works there to see for you.
just take em in to the shop and be like " i want a set of these" make sure and bring em all because it might be a set of light tops heavy bottoms, or just a plain light set.

you could also just go buy a caliper and measure them.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Quote by zincabopataurio
Do you know anyone that plays guitar that has a lot of experience? If you do you could let them try your guitar, and they should know what gauge the strings are just by the feel. But if they feel "tight" then they could be .10 gauge strings.

Or you could take your guitar to the store while you are buying the strings and ask one of the guys that works there to see for you.

This is the best idea. Take it with you and they should know. But I agree that they are probably 10s. What do you normally use? Like on your ESP?
GEAR:

Agile 3000

Peavey Valveking 100
Marshall Lead 1960
Marshall JCM 900 SLX
Carvin 4x12

Zoom G7.1ut
I think generally stock strings are 9-9.5's. I might be wrong but that what ive always seen and felt when i get a new guitar
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Quote by DustyR46
This is the best idea. Take it with you and they should know. But I agree that they are probably 10s. What do you normally use? Like on your ESP?

I use 11s on my ESP but I play lower tunings on that guitar. This one I use primarily for Standard tuning. I also checked the back of my guitar and it only has 3 springs, and if I am not mistaken if you have a higher than 10 gauge then you need more springs. But thanks everyone I think I will just take it with me!
Set Up:
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX-401
Sanpera Footpedal
Quote by Destinyrider22
I think generally stock strings are 9-9.5's. I might be wrong but that what ive always seen and felt when i get a new guitar

Thing is this wasn't stock, it had been in the store a couple months and on display for testing it out, and they changed the strings.
Set Up:
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX-401
Sanpera Footpedal
Quote by Invert-blu
Thing is this wasn't stock, it had been in the store a couple months and on display for testing it out, and they changed the strings.

Its still probably 9s or 10s. Its what people mostly use for standard I think. I would say if you don't get an answer out of them buy two packs. One 9s and one 10s. See which one feels better.
GEAR:

Agile 3000

Peavey Valveking 100
Marshall Lead 1960
Marshall JCM 900 SLX
Carvin 4x12

Zoom G7.1ut