hello my fellow guitarist friends

i have an ibanez rg2570 and i find it impossible to intonate. when the harmonic on the 12th fret is exactly the same as the fretted note, the 24th fret is WAYYYYY out of tune, like around 15 cents out of tune. when i make the open note and the 24th fret in tune, then the harmonic and the 12th fret are wayyy out of tune as well!! it's just a huge dilemma for me!! i've moved it back and forth in every possible position and there's just no position in which the string is perfectly in tune! and it's a brand new earnie ball string. i've tried adjusting the neck, the bridge, and action.

is there a problem with my setup, or with the way my guitar has been built? the guitar doesn't look fake at all, i know ibanez guitars very well and this guitar is evidently built with 100% ibanez quality materials, or so it seems.

has anyone else experienced this?? help will be greatly appreciated! thanks a lot!
Honestly sounds very awkward to me. The only thing I can say is the scale length got effed up somewhere in there and that's your problem. Try taking measurements of the scale length.
Where's Waldo?
what do you mean "the fretted note is the same as the 12th fret, but diff from the 24th"?
Are you setting the intonation by playing the open string then matching it on the 12th fret.
You do not fret a note then set it at the 12th fret to be the same. that will alway be wrong at the 24th fret , or any fret I would suspect.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
That's just how guitars are built, it's impossible to get a guitar perfectly intonated for the entire fretboard. It's something that all guitarists have to live with (whether they realize this or not). Just set the intonation to the 12th fret and you should be fine.
Only worry about the 12th fret note vs 12th fret harmonic. Get those to match, then tune it and make sure all the first position chords you play are in tune.

And if you don't have new string on there, get some new string.
Quote by Robbgnarly
what do you mean "the fretted note is the same as the 12th fret, but diff from the 24th"?
Are you setting the intonation by playing the open string then matching it on the 12th fret.
You do not fret a note then set it at the 12th fret to be the same. that will alway be wrong at the 24th fret , or any fret I would suspect.

no, i mean to say that when my string is (in theory) perfectly intonated, [meaning that the fretted 12th fret is the same as the harmonic on the 12th fret], it actually is WAYY out of intonation on the 24th fret! meaning the 24th fret (which should be the E note) is like 20 cents flat than an E note! but my 12th fret is spot on the E note and so is the harmonic on the 12th fret.
it is impossible to completely intonate a guitar perfectly. its simply the nature of how the instrument is designed and made.

if you can get it intonated to the 12th fret, you should be just fine. thats what most guitars are intonated to anyways.