hey UG

well i've been roaming the net for the past month trying to decide what guitar should i get. after all the tedious research the huge list came down to these 2 guitars.

i've read everything i could find about them but i still need an advice and some opinion from anyone who played both or one of them. keep in mind i wont be getting the ESP snakebyte since its way over priced.

thanks in advance to everyone.

P.S. i love metallica and like how they sound and the whole heavy metal genre so i'm going to mainly play metal, and things like "akira yamaoka" style. he is the composer for silent hill's music. listen to silent hill 2 main theme or "one more soul to the call" to get an idea of what i mean.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8c6ZqMkqpI ) <--- silent hill 2 theme

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ZMU5AgKSM ) <--- one more soul to the call
New thread I see =p

I would go with the Eclipse, those are sexy as hell. Pick one up in this color, or in the plain white. Just my opinion though.
Where's Waldo?
Eclipse. Snakebyte is hella ugly.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
ZOMG the Eclipse! Jheez.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Never had a chance to play the Snakebyte, but Eclipse II's are godly! Go for that. I would personally get white or vintage black.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by chadreed32
New thread I see =p

lol yeah i thought discussing this on the old thread is out of place

Well it seems the eclipse II is far better, i really dig the vintage black with gold hardware... gives it alot of character. is there any details i should know? if there is someone out there who had personal experience with it then please share.

thanks for everybody. helpful as always .
Last edited by papa jeff at Jul 12, 2011,
Quote by papa jeff
Well it seems the eclipse II is far better, i really dig the vintage black with gold hardware... gives it alot of character. is there any details i should know? if there is someone out there who had personal experience with it then please share.

Umm the only details I can think of is that I played it and It was awesome. Thats about all, if you have a specific question about it, I may be able to help, or somebody else will.
Where's Waldo?
ECLIPSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GUITARS:
PRS Custom 24 (Black Slate 10 top w/birds)
ESP E-II Horizon NT-III (RDB)
ESP Eclipse II - Snow White

AMPS:
Mesa Rectoverb combo
I have played 3 esp eclipse IIs all within a week of each other.

they all were very nice guitars, very comfortable and sound good if you dig the EMG tone. If you want a metal guitar like that I say go for it, very consistent from guitar to guitar and they all are very good, Im just not a big fan of the neck profile cuz Im really odd, but most people like it.

also the other guitarist in my band got an LTD EC-1000 which is the model below that and he is blown away by it
personally.. the Snakebyte. cos i play better on dangerous looking guitars cos they feel better but thats just my two cents.
eclipse. the ESP will be better than an LTD any day of the week. plus the snakebyte is just ugly
Snakebyte is ugly as hell. Go with the eclipse its an esp vs ltd... You'll have a higher resale value if you decide to sell down the road. just dont get it in black cherry (opinion i know,get what you want)... I wish my hellraiser was white but i got a really good deal on it but only had it in black cherry.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Quote by papa jeff
lol yeah i thought discussing this on the old thread is out of place

thanks for everybody. helpful as always .

These aren't really tips or anything, but things some people might not get immediately: Although it's shaped like a Les Paul, it's thinner and lighter. Not a bad thing, but some people like heavy guitars. Also, it won't have your typical fat Les Paul neck. Again, not a bad thing, but it comes down to preference. But it really is an awesome guitar. I would've gotten one myself, but I found a really good deal on an ESP Truckster, and I couldn't pass it up. It's basically the same guitar, though.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
thanks to everyone.

i was reading reviews and posts about the eclipse 2 and it seems many guitarists are complaining about some string buzz when playing in drop C tuning. anyone had that problem?
Quote by papa jeff
thanks to everyone.

i was reading reviews and posts about the eclipse 2 and it seems many guitarists are complaining about some string buzz when playing in drop C tuning. anyone had that problem?

Well, it depends on who is saying that. They most likely don't know how to set up a guitar properly. ESP's are high quality instruments, and shouldn't have any fret buzz, but when put in inexperienced hands, will not play at the peak of its performance. And if you like Metallica, you probably won't be playing in Drop C to much (minus St. Anger).
Where's Waldo?
Quote by papa jeff
thanks to everyone.

That's mainly because of the poor setup that they have.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by chadreed32
Well, it depends on who is saying that. They most likely don't know how to set up a guitar properly. ESP's are high quality instruments, and shouldn't have any fret buzz, but when put in inexperienced hands, will not play at the peak of its performance. And if you like Metallica, you probably won't be playing in Drop C to much (minus St. Anger).

most of the posts i read seems to be from people who know how to set up a guitar. one guy actually took it to an ESP's rep. and the rep said that eclipse II has a buzz and that how they are. I dont know if he was being truthful about that story but many guys complained about the buzz, just google the esp eclipse 2 problems and you'll see.
I have my gibson flying V down tuned to drop C. if you have a proper string gauge, and a good setup on the guitar you go down to Drop A no problem.
the snakebite is cool shaped....and i am curious about the new JH pups but the eclipse definitely has earned a good rep.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
the snakebite is cool shaped....and i am curious about the new JH pups but the eclipse definitely has earned a good rep.

I actually don't think the Snakebyte comes with the JH EMGs. It came out long before his signature set.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by Seanthesheep
I have my gibson flying V down tuned to drop C. if you have a proper string gauge, and a good setup on the guitar you go down to Drop A no problem.

i see... well you got my hopes up thats for sure. i just hope i dont face any problems in case i down tuned the guitar i'll get.

and from what i know the ltd snakebyte comes with the 81/60 EMGs not the new JH set.
still solid, i run the 81/60 in my gibson and my other guitarist has an EC-1000 with the 81/60 and we both like it.
both the snakebyte and eclipse have the 81/60. actually they have same specs except for the bridge and the tuners, snakebyte has tonepros and sperzel while the eclipse has gotoh bridge and gotoh magnum locks. both are good but i cant get this feeling that the eclipse is not suited for heavy metal. not spec-wise but looks and feel. what do you think?
ESP Eclipses are one of the most popular metal guitars. Even James Hetfield played one. But you're probably going to have a difficult time getting Akira Yamaoka's tone with EMGs.
I would go with the Eclipse II, because it's just going to be a nicer guitar. Also, if you do get it, definitely get the VB color scheme
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
The Eclipse is my favourite guitar I own.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
LTDs are usually not as good as regualr esps, but idk with the snakebyte...
...maybe this is a stupid post
OH HELL YES METALCORE
from the reviews i read the LTD snakebyte is really good compared to other LTDs since its made in korea instead of indonesia like the others. well its decided i'll be getting the eclipse II in vintage black.

thanks to everybody, i really appreciate it.