So I'd like to get a new amp. I was thinking of something like an egnater tweaker or something like that, I'd need to sell my epiphone vj and my vypr, the only problem I have with that is I use my Vypr for metal-ish stuff from time to time. So how heavy can a tweaker get? I have a an overdrive pedal and a big muff. And are there any other amps that would be good for hard rock?

tl;dr. Should I sell my amps for a tweaker or similar amp?

Budget- 600-700

Genres- I play a lot of classic and hard rock and blues, I'd like decent cleans that overdrive well and then a good amount of gain like the Foo Fighters, Probot, Led Zeppelin, Cream, ect...
This would be basically the tone I'm after.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBot1H_nRfw

I will go used and the size of the amp really doesnt matter, I live in the middle of nowhere so I can crank it.
And my closet cities are Dallas and OKC
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
Last edited by grungebaby at Jul 12, 2011,
hell, with a budget like that get urself a nice jet city for some real versatility. i play thru a vht special 6 ultra which is about half ur budget, i use an mxr fullbore for my metal tones ($100) uve got pedals to give a nice over drive tone. that should absolutely do it for u
The Tweaker isn't what you'd call a high-gain amp, but you may decide it is heavy enough for what you want to do. You'll have to play through one to find out.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I have played through one, it seemed heavy enough for like Zeppelin and cream but the foo fighters use a dual rec so I was kinda wondering how hard an overdrive pedal would push a tweaker. And also I never hear much about jet city, how is their quality and everything?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
jet city is like an inexpensive, hot rodded marshall. its got some pretty badass tone for the price it is. if i remember correctly, jet city is made by soldano or atleast inspired by them
Hmmm seems like the jet city lacked a little bit of bass but that could be from the wattage differences and also wasn't there a mesa based off a soldano? And how is the response on the clean channel on the jca?
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
honestly, i dont kno for sure. i've played it myself once, its got a real nice crunch to it. my guitar teacher and i spent 20 minutes today talking about them and he said it was comparible to his madison (which is saying alot because he swears by that thing). the cleans, as far as i kno, are pretty nice but they do get some breakup when its turned up. send a message to the guy that put up that video on youtube, he does a really great job with his reviews and usually has a pretty good turnaround time with his replies
Alright thanks.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15