Page 1 of 2
I wish. So far away. A few friends are organising a bus down, but I can't afford it.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Oh my, that line up looks awesome, and it's only about half an hour away from me!
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
It's like the lineup looks good, but then there's all these horrible horrible bands scattered about it.
I'm an asshole.
Lineup looks amazing. La Dispute, Title Fight, Polar Bear Club, The Carrier, Touche Amore, Make Do And Mend, Trash Talk, Dillinger, OFF!......

I'm kinda jealous of how awesome all of England's festivals seem to be.
Reading/Leeds is incredible this year too. Just going through the lineup and listing bands I'd like to see...

The Offspring, Deftones, Rise Against, New Found Glory, The Strokes, Jimmy Eat World, Madness, Frank Turner, Taking Back Sunday, Pulled Apart By Horses, Glassjaw, DFA1979, Best Coast, Fucked Up, The King Blues, The Bronx, Comeback Kid, Title Fight, Descendents, Hot Water Music, The Menzingers, The Horrors, Rival Schools, And So I Watch You From Afar, Smith Westerns, Mariachi El Bronx, Henry Rollins...

So good.
Quote by asator
Reading/Leeds is incredible this year too. Just going through the lineup and listing bands I'd like to see...

The Offspring, Deftones, Rise Against, New Found Glory, The Strokes, Jimmy Eat World, Madness, Frank Turner, Taking Back Sunday, Pulled Apart By Horses, Glassjaw, DFA1979, Best Coast, Fucked Up, The King Blues, The Bronx, Comeback Kid, Title Fight, Descendents, Hot Water Music, The Menzingers, The Horrors, Rival Schools, And So I Watch You From Afar, Smith Westerns, Mariachi El Bronx, Henry Rollins...

So good.

No way, I thought they were gone into obscurity.
I'm an asshole.
I'm going for 3 reasons. 1: the good bands. 2: The meerkats in the zoo. Most importantly 3: To fight La Dispute. God I hate them.
This is why i hate festivals.

A handfull of good bands like OFF!, Bouncing Souls, Capdown, Sonic Boom Six, Ghost Of A Thousand, La Dispute, etc
And then the majority of other bands are terrible.
I was going to go to this with my mate, but he's back up in Hull that weekend.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Yeah but sometimes you need a balance between good and bad bands. If theres heaps of bands you like then youre probably gonna have a whole bunch of clashes (depending on stage set up, timetables etc.).

And plus this isnt even that bad, theres at least 12 bands I'd want to see
Last edited by brad5992 at Jul 15, 2011,
Expecting a festival to consist solely of band you like is just silly, plus it would be a massive pain in the arse.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by eazy-c
Expecting a festival to consist solely of band you like is just silly, plus it would be a massive pain in the arse.

True, but im my opinion i wouldn't want to go to a festival if there are only 5-7 bands i like and the other 20 or so i don't like at all.

But festivals are made for the majority of people, obviously.
I'm just too damn picky when it comes to music.
I don't really know how festivals over three days tend to run but I know with one day ones I tend to usually see about 10 or so bands in a day so I'd be pretty happy with 7 I like. 5 a bit less so.
Quote by SumFX
This is why i hate festivals.

A handfull of good bands like OFF!, Bouncing Souls, Capdown, Sonic Boom Six, Ghost Of A Thousand, La Dispute, etc
And then the majority of other bands are terrible.

FYS, DEP, Defeater, Trash Talk, Title Fight, The Carrier, Ceremony, PBC, TA, LD, Living With Lions, All Teeth, More Than Life, Crossbearer, Basement was the right answer to decent bands playing.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by eazy-c

FEST 10

Derp.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Wold love to go. Some bands on the lineup like The Carrier and While She Sleeps are very appealing to me. Unfortunately I have other commitments...
Quote by danm778
anyone else on here going to hevyfest? it's gonna be sweet, the line up is proper good
plus it's on an animal farm with some rare animals and you get free entry with a ticket so it's gonna be fun!

http://www.hevy.co.uk/2011/lineup/bands

I like "rare animals" as much as the next guy, but why would you have a concert near such a place? You'll probably stress half of them out and have them die premature death. "Oh, there goes the last 2 condors in existence."

Line up isn't that bad, I'd go for 2.5 bands..
The animals are really far from the stages, apparently you can't hear anything from the wildlife park.
Looks like a pretty fun lineup. Though half the bands are bit meh. Could go llama racing in between sets though, so I guess it's not all bad
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Lineup looks great. Has been shaping up to be a good festival for a while!
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by NegiTom
I'm going for 3 reasons. 1: the good bands. 2: The meerkats in the zoo. Most importantly 3: To fight La Dispute. God I hate them.

Why do you hate La Dispute?

Festival looks ****ing awesome though. I wish I lived in the UK.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Last edited by The Charm at Jul 17, 2011,
Quote by technicolour
I like "rare animals" as much as the next guy, but why would you have a concert near such a place? You'll probably stress half of them out and have them die premature death. "Oh, there goes the last 2 condors in existence."

Line up isn't that bad, I'd go for 2.5 bands..

yeah i was thinking that but i just assumed they'd have it far enough away so it wouldn't disturb them, which apparentley they are (asator)
also i don't think it'd be going late into each night so they'd be able to get sleep i think?
as a child you don't miss an empty room
How many beer bottles and used condoms they gonna find in the various enclosures the next morning?
Not going now, rather see the bands that I'd only have gone to Hevy to see, in smaller venues.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
CHeck while she sleeps out whilst your there, good newish hardcore band
Quote by s31770
CHeck while she sleeps out whilst your there, good newish hardcore band

I like them a lot but, the reaction to them here wasn't so positive. Prepare for some flameage
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy
You're not allowed to bring spray deodorant, there's an alcohol limit (which is very small) and as the dude above said, Trash Talk pulled out. Almost all the bands playing Hevy are playing seperate shows around England for cheaper than Hevy, and I can see them without being within a mile of La Dispute.
I would attend the absolute fuck out of that show... But is it bad that I don't recognise a single name between Tek One and Page 44? Surely there's SOME class in that huge gap of shit I've never even heard of....
it's gonna be good though knowing you're gonna see those bands all in the same weekend. it seems like better value for money considering how many bands i'd wanna go see, compared to going a bigger one like download or v. obvioulsy there's the few really good acts on at those festivals but most of it isn't for me.
plus it's gonna be ****ing warm and it's all gonna be outside!
but those rules and limitations are ridiculous they've announced recently. just gonna have to find somewhere hide my crystal meth..
as a child you don't miss an empty room
Just throwin it out there. Because Trash Talk has pulled out, Feed The Rhino and TRC (lol) are guna be playing in their place. I'd be pretty stoked to see FTR, although seeing TRC would be like going to stage to be shouted at by chavs for an hour of so......but Id still go anyway for the laughs.
The trouble with democracy is, no matter who you vote for the government always gets in.
Page 1 of 2