it depends really... the les paul is more versatile, while the LTD is more geared for metal. My instinct would be the LP because its got beauty, tone, and build quality. You can probably get more bang for your buck with the LP, and if you decide to sell it later, you will probably get even more money. I think LPs age better as well. the LTD looks to ugly with all the Metallica stuff over it, plus that silver is meh. My Vote LP for sure.
Quote by floydrose09
it depends really... the les paul is more versatile, while the LTD is more geared for metal. My instinct would be the LP because its got beauty, tone, and build quality. You can probably get more bang for your buck with the LP, and if you decide to sell it later, you will probably get even more money. I think LPs age better as well. the LTD looks to ugly with all the Metallica stuff over it, plus that silver is meh. My Vote LP for sure.

The tone on those two guitars will be rediculously similar. Both are LP's so they have rather thick bodies, and both have EMG's in them.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
The tone on those two guitars will be rediculously similar. Both are LP's so they have rather thick bodies, and both have EMG's in them.

ya but i have a bias towards Gibson :P
Quote by floydrose09
ya but i have a bias towards Gibson :P

Well, most people do. They're fabled to be the holy grail of all instruments, though I feel like there's better out there.
Where's Waldo?
Go with the truckster!
A: same pickups, it'll sound the pretty much the same
B: it looks better
C: Gibson is over rated
D: If you decide you're not happy with truckster send it to me
I'd suggest looking on youtube for some demos of each guitar, and then that way you can see which suits your prefferance of sound more.