Alright guys, i have an Ibanez ATK300 bass guitar, and i raised the saddles because i was getting tons of fretbuzz, but when i did that the bass was quieter, so i tried to raise the pickup, but the pickups didnt seem to raise up or down, it just stays in the same spot.

Have any of you had this problem?

(How the pickups work and look)
Wait, what?

Are trying to physically move the pickups up and/or down? Or have I totally misinterpreted your post? Because I'm pretty sure you can't just move pickups up and down so your bass is louder, and those switches are like selectors which change the 'mode' of the pickups which varies the sound it produces, it doesn't raise or lower the pickups.

Unless you're talking about the bass tone not volume, then you need to fiddle around with the EQ. I have a feeling I've misinterpreted what you're trying to say badly..
There was once a wise Chinese man who said:

"All you can eat, $12.50"
No idea about that pickup, but you're run of the mill P bass pickups, or any normal pick, will have screws on the sides of them allowing you to raise or lower part of the pickup, the closer the pickup to the strings, the louder it is, the farther, the quieter.
The closer your pickup gets to the strings, the louder the instrument will be - within reason. I've never tried to adjust the height on one of my ATKs, but some bass pickups (notably the Fender Jazz) don't have much room for height adjustment.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
ignore the switch in the pic, this is just the only pic i could find that had a close up on the pickups, but yea im trying to move the pickup closer to the strings so it doesnt sound as mellow or quiet, so i used a screwdriver to raise the screws which were supposed to also, lift the pickup with the screws..the pickups instead just stayed in place, ive tried this on my Jazz bass, and it worked exactly how i wanted, but for somereason for my Ibanez ATK, is just wont..
Ah okay, I didn't know you could raise your pickups, but wouldn't raising pickups involve unscrewing the screws making the pickup looser? Because I'm presuming screwed tight pickups are the 'lowest' they can go. *shrugs*

I'm not sure about your ATK pickups, they aren't run of the mill pickups. Perhaps contact ibanez site? I know they have manuals on all their models.
There was once a wise Chinese man who said:

"All you can eat, $12.50"
Quote by bass//player
Ah okay, I didn't know you could raise your pickups, but wouldn't raising pickups involve unscrewing the screws making the pickup looser? Because I'm presuming screwed tight pickups are the 'lowest' they can go. *shrugs*

I'm not sure about your ATK pickups, they aren't run of the mill pickups. Perhaps contact ibanez site? I know they have manuals on all their models.

There are springs under the pickups to push them up, so all you are doing is changing the point that the pickups contact the top of the screws.
The mounting screws usually have springs around them to keep the tension on the pickups as you raise and lower them, but some pickups (like the Fender Jazz) just screw right into the body of the bass and aren't adjustable.
aww would it be a good idea to take out the pickup and place something under it like a small sheed a cardboard to lift it up about 5mm?
Try a piece of foam rubber instead. Some manufacturers put those in there to keep the pickup from moving around. It should work.
i just unscrewed the pickup completely, and i could see the foam rubber, but i couldent get the pickup out. so i removed the entire bridge to see if that was covering a little area of space, and it wasnt. howmuch do you think a music shop would charge me to have them raise the pickup?
I think Din of Win has an attack, lurk the threads of the bass forum until you find him and private message him or something, guitar shops are almost always a rip off. You wanted to play bass, it's like a pet, you got to learn to take care of it yourself.
ok i will i high jack this thread real quick, on my p bass my pick up is lowering it self probly becase i put alot of wait on my thumb and its makeing the E relly quiet can i just rasie the pick up on that side and fix it if so is ther any negative effects?
What year is your ATK?

Mine is a '95... the first or second year they started making them. I dunno how much the design has changed over the years but here's my advice:

Take off the bridge. Unscrew the pickup. Put in some fairly strong foam or rubber-foam. Screw the pickup back on. Screw the bridge back on (the screws can go through the foam if it's a large piece, so don't worry). Re-string.

Now the foam will act as a 'pusher' for the pickup and allow it to rest higher than it did before. This SHOULD help. I haven't needed to raise my ATK at all... actually i've only ever needed to lower the pickup. But i've done this on a few P basses.

Also, if you want springs, most local-y music shops have cluttered 'parts bins' that usually have a bunch of screws in them.

If you get a shop to do this, it could be anywhere from $5 to over $100, depending on the shop.

My advice... spend $40-$60 on a good professional set-up. They'll not only sort out your pickup problem, but will ajust your action and inotation as well.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."