I read something where a writer said that you have some sort of aversion to jazz?

It's a fun party trick, but I am allergic to jazz. I was raised to be a jazz musician, my father was a jazz musician and I was steeped in jazz from the moment my ears blinked open, which is why I am immune to jazz. And my main reason why I love dissing jazz is jazz musicians. The problem with jazz musicians is that they are all crap. It's sort of like jazz is the refuge of the talent-less. If you really want to be a musician and you are prepared to really work hard at it, but you don't have the gift and you don't have any soul and you don't have any talent, jazz is what you should do; because all you need to do is just spend hours training your fingers to wiggle very quickly and you'll be a hero in the jazz world. Not so in blues. In blues you need talent, you need X factor, you need heart, you need to have lived a life, you have to have something to say, you need to be an actual musician to play the blues. Jazz, any fool can do it; all you gotta do is practice.

And do you think that hold true for the elite, for folks like Jack DeJohneete?

I love Jack DeJohneete. Some of the others – Miles [Davis], mostly crap. Some of his early records where he had Tony Williams, great, I love those. But mostly it was crap. He was out of tune and he was a ****ing junky and it sounded like shit. It was utterly preposterous. The king just wasn't wearing any clothes. Coltrane, same thing. [In a condescending voice] "Love supreme, love supreme" it's a joke.

what i love is that he refers to miles' shit with Tony Williams as "his early records". what a dunce.
#DTWD
Do you have the full interview?
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
yeah. thought i posted it. sorry.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/Story.aspx?StoryID=9947

later in the interview he KIND OF admits to trolling but says that jazz players still suck (with the exception of his friends). in other interviews he's said the same thing about jazz music sucking. he claims it's "music from the head rather than the heart" ... and the other one was "my dad was big into jazz so i had to rebel against it"

a guy in his 60s still rebelling against his dad. super cool!
#DTWD
What an asshat.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by primusfan

If you really want to be a musician and you are prepared to really work hard at it, but you don't have the gift and you don't have any soul and you don't have any talent, jazz is what you should do; because all you need to do is just spend hours training your fingers to wiggle very quickly and you'll be a hero in the jazz world.

Every single person I've heard say something like this has had no musical background whatsoever. They also were all self identified "metal nazis". So I have to say he's an idiot who truly believes this.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Oh noes someone has an opinion that's different to yours!

it's not really like that. it's more like this guy wants to be taken seriously as a musician yet spits in the face of miles and trane. a love supreme isn't for everyone. you can be a respectable musician and say you don't like it. but to flat out say that trane and miles are garbage is just straight horseshit. to call trane a joke is fine for some dude. but i seriously take issue with someone--nay, a MUSICIAN that aloof.

not to mention that in addition to his opinions, his facts are wrong too. miles' albums with tony williams were his later albums. not his earlier albums. my implication in bringing that up was (and still is) that if he is so ignorant to something so painfully obvious to even the most casual listener, then he is so misinformed that his opinion is effectively worthless and deserving of ridicule because he's forming an opinion about something he knows nothing about. which is, inherently, a dumbass opinion. so again i would ask: troll? or just an idiot?
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jul 18, 2011,