hey guys,

i'm alright at getting pinch harmonics on the higher frets from 7 onwards...but i'd like to do those squeals in songs like laid to rest...any suggestions?

thanks
I don't understand how you can't do pinch harmonics lower than 7th fret. Maybe you should learn Stillborn by Black Label Society, could help you out a bit
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

i have similar problem, exept for some reason i cant do PH on low E. Thats ridiculous, because on every other string, no matter high or low fret -making guitar scream isnt a problem
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
I'm the opposite. The E string is super easy for me and I have more trouble the higher I go up fret and string wise.

Try digging in to it more. Find the sweet spot and really dig in to it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm the opposite. The E string is super easy for me and I have more trouble the higher I go up fret and string wise.

Likewise.

Just keep at it and vary your attack and touch and position until you can get it. It's easier to get harmonics with the bridge pickup and a lot of gain, so maybe to start you should have that going.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Like everything in guitar, it just takes practice. Since you can do them above the 7th fret, I'm assuming your technique is sufficient. So all you have to do is go to like the 3rd fret or wherever and just try to find the harmonics by playing pinch harmonics and moving your strumming hand up and down the string. Sooner or later you will find the best spots.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.