I'm wanting to change the pickguard on my strat from black to a black pearl, but don't want to change it myself, how much would guitar center charge for this? I f guitar center doesn't do this then please suggest me a place that does, thanks!
why do you need someone to do it for you you really just have to unscrew and replace eveything if youre carefull it should be really easy

having said that guitarcenter will most likely do it
I'd do it myself, but if you're completely against that then DO NOT do it at Guitar Center.

Guitar Center doesn't do any of their own repairs. They send off the guitars to another shop (That they don't own, just partners with, I guess) and have them do it, then take it back. Ergo, you pay more money, due to the fact that there's a middleman. Find a local shop to do it if you must, but seriously, that's so easy a caveman can do it.
Where's Waldo?
1. remove strings
2. pry the volume and tone knobs and the thing on the pickup selector switch off and unscrew that too
3. unscrew pickups, and pickguard and take off the nuts holding the pots on
4. if youve done this right the pickguard should lift off
5. put new one on, and screw the pickups back in
to do this, put the 2 screws through the holes on the pickguard, put the spirings over
the screws and then put the pickup on and tighten it a little
6. put the pots back on, tighten them up, screw the switch back in and screw the pickguard on.

do not waste your money paying someone to do something as childishly simple as that, you dont even have to rewire anything
Quote by SigSog
1. remove strings
2. pry the volume and tone knobs and the thing on the pickup selector switch off and unscrew that too
3. unscrew pickups, and pickguard and take off the nuts holding the pots on
4. if youve done this right the pickguard should lift off
5. put new one on, and screw the pickups back in
to do this, put the 2 screws through the holes on the pickguard, put the spirings over
the screws and then put the pickup on and tighten it a little
6. put the pots back on, tighten them up, screw the switch back in and screw the pickguard on.

do not waste your money paying someone to do something as childishly simple as that, you dont even have to rewire anything

u missed a step
you need to shield the pick guard underneath
where the controls go

but yea
its EASY
and like $25 at warmoth.com
EDIT
it is $28
an extra $3 for the black pearl
Last edited by fenderfreak100 at Jul 13, 2011,