hey guys, ive been running 7.1 on my old comp with XP and that has died a horrible and most tragic death so its two years on and im still trying to get my version running on windows 7.

its fine to install, ive downloaded drivers and it would appear all is fine windows side however when i go to install it protools wont recognise the hardware is connceted.

please please please help
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
anything below protools 8 isn't supported by the windows 7 OS. It's to do with the latest version of internet explorer (which you can't get around, I've tried).

You can either crossgrade to protools 9 which will cost around 250ish or you can revert back to windows xp. neither are fantastic options but it's the only way really
Though PT7 & 8 aren't officially supported, you can install them. Also, there are Win7 drivers for the Mbox 2s and 003s. Though I must say, PT9 is amazing and the best $250 ever spent! Now I don't have to use a shitty Mbox :p
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Though PT7 & 8 aren't officially supported, you can install them. Also, there are Win7 drivers for the Mbox 2s and 003s. Though I must say, PT9 is amazing and the best $250 ever spent! Now I don't have to use a shitty Mbox :p

i know you have lately have been lashing out against mbox. why so? i have never tried one. are they just over priced?
PT 7 & 8 will work just fine with windows 7, I use 8.0.5 every day flawlessly. You should be searching for help on Pro Tools related problems at http://duc.avid.com/ no offense to this site, but you have a much better chance of resolving your problem if you look for help in the Digi User Conference (duc).
Quote by FireHawk
i know you have lately have been lashing out against mbox. why so? i have never tried one. are they just over priced?

Partly the price, partly the quality of build, partly the ehh preamps.

When I bought my Mbox 2 Factory, they sold for $600 in store (About 3 months before Pro Tools 8 came out). I of course, got mine at a screaming deal ($325 on Ebay, unregistered, iLok included) so I can't complain but the price is a little steep especially around that time, you could pick up an interface with similar software (like Cubase LE even if it cubase is the biggest shit program ever) for $300.

I've had my mbox for almost 3 years now. Its maybe had a total of 150 hours of use in those 3 years. It went out. I've used friends Mboxs that have way more use on em with no problems. I may have just got lucky, they may have gotten lucky. Still, I think an interface should get more than 150 hours of use before dying.

My pres were fine when I got em. Sounds clear, no problems. My buddy bought a Mini, kinda lame. Pretty similar hardware on the inside yet 2 totally different problems. Also, it feels like you're paying $300+ for the extra software and stuff just to use the Pro Tools name. I can't hear a difference between it, a firestudio, a M-Audio interface or any of the $100 range interfaces. You would expect with a pricetag above the typical interface to hear some extra quality.

Also, I think its the fact that I've had the chance to work with some higher end gear recently. I mean, right now I'm working through a $1500 Mackie Onyx Board and I can hear the difference. Hell, I love it.

Ranting aside, it was good to start with, especially for the price I got it at. Yet, for the price and quality, theres better out there.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
I've had my mbox for almost 3 years now. Its maybe had a total of 150 hours of use in those 3 years. It went out. I've used friends Mboxs that have way more use on em with no problems. I may have just got lucky, they may have gotten lucky. Still, I think an interface should get more than 150 hours of use before dying.

WOW! thats like nothing I have had my Line 6 UX2 (to hold me over until I graduate since my Lambda died). It got used daily from December - May (I recorded 5 songs in this time with over 40 hour sessions, this isn't including all my fiddle farting around and other songs that didn't take as long) and it is still like new.
There is a fix for the Win 7 IE problem. I have Pro Tools 7 working fine. There is a registry hack that you need to do if you are comfortable with doing it. It can be found here: http://www.moonshizzleproductions.com/blog/2010/02/black-and-blue-ink-s-lyricist-manifesto-left-hook-and-the-pro-tools-m-powered-7-4-windows-7-fix/ Just scroll down that page and you will find a link to a rar file. Download that and then run the reg file. It will update your registry with the correct information and then Pro Tools should run.
Sorry I should of explained what I wrote a little bit more. Pro Tools 7 is incompatible with a component of IE 7 and higher. You have 2 choices to fix the issue you can either uninstall IE and use something else such as Firefox or you can keep IE and run the reg file in the link I submitted above.

I had the exact same issue and fixed it with the reg file, there is nothing malicious as far as I can see in the reg file (I work in IT so I am very careful and anal). Just make sure you have the latest drivers (which sounds like you already do) for your device which there should be a windows 7 driver, you may just need to search the web for it. If there isn't install the driver in XP mode (this will at least get the drivers into your machine) so it can recognise the device.