tomorrow Im going to be ordering some parts to upgrade my MIM strat a bit, as well as buying a floyd rose special to replace the bridge on my jackson thats having some problems... much more excited about doing the strat upgrades though honestly (lot less work lol).

what Im planning right now is to go mainly though GFS (tight budget, and they have some pretty decent quality and attractive prices from my experience) and get
1. brass trem block to replace the zinc
2. after much thought, Im going to give the gfs jimi pickup set a try.
3. graph tech nut

I wanted to do locking tuners, but this time around I wont have cash for that. It stays in tune pretty good with the stock tuners anyway, and I felt with the new nut, I shouldnt have much of an issue with that if its pretty good as is with the plastic nut (just gotta set up your trem well really...)

honestly im pretty excited to see how this thing comes together. I feel like the jimi set will be a vast improvement over the stock pickups. Dont care much how well of an impression of jimi they are honestly, I just wanted something like 60's ish for less money than fenders' offerings. I considered the new gfs professional series but I havent seen much in the way of reviews for them, and it seems people liked the jimi set for the most part.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Okay, cool!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
The Special won't be much more stable as the trem in your Jackson right now, just a heads up.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
its not really about stability with the jackson trem. its because all the pot metal is beginning to rust and strip away horribly. it actually keeps tune for a little while but I have no idea what the condition of the knife edges are. strings slip from the locks sometimes, and pretty much every screw is so stripped im reduced to using a pair of pliers to crank them in. its ridiculous because I didnt even overtighten anything, just theres a layer of rust over them that just pretty much fell off when I tried to adjust the screws (not being too rough or using the wrong size allen key either.)
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Well in that case I'd say the Special is a quick fix, it'll give you something usable for a few months at least.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Instead of the special look for at least a licensed FR. Much. Etter in tuning stability
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
dont worry about it, Ive already decided to make some changes in what im getting. Im cutting down on some of the upgrades I was going to do on my strat (I borrowed some extra cash and was going to get locking tuners, and stuff).

Im going to forget the new nut and tuners as the strat stays in tune pretty well as is anyway...

and *unveiling moment* buy a ping floyd rose instead, which as far as im aware is a much superior product. unfortunately axcessories is out of the black ones, so im going with chrome.

I really feel like I need to get a better quality floyd because otherwise, im just gonna have to go through the hell of replacing it again if I want to keep the guitar... (and I really like my jackson, hell I thought it was better than the RG770dx I used to have minus the licensed floyd)
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q