Seeing as my computer can't currently connect to the Internet, I'm typing this out on my iPod.

Basically, my computer connects to the Internet using a Netgear wireless adapter. I took it to a friends house, and now that it's back, it won't work. When I plugged it in at first, the device wizard recognized it, which I'm assuming means it isn't broken, but whenever I connect it, I get a different sound than when I connect any other USB item, and the Netgear program on my computer won't open.

Does anyone know what the problem could be, and/or how to remedy it?
Do the above and re install all related software.

The USB has more than likely got your friends router info saved or it has been corrupted.
Quote by hyper5
Do the above and re install all related software.

The USB has more than likely got your friends router info saved or it has been corrupted.
Will the software be saved on the USB adapter or something? I don't have a disk for it, or anything of that nature.

Quote by genghisgandhi
Did you try plugging it back in?
The router, or the adapter? Either way, yes.
Last edited by herby190 at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Which NG router do you have?

WG111v3?
Yes, although the Netgear program on my computer says it's for WG111v2.
Quote by SG_dave
Try to find a friend who'll download it for you and then give it you on a USB or something.

This.

Sorry, forgot about lack of interwebz >_>
I'm now posting this from my computer.

Thanks for the help, everybody.

(Invalid img)
In the future avoid netgear at all costs. My first two wireless routers were netgear only because they were ten dollars less than the comparable linksys product, and they completely and totally SUCKED. I spent a lot of time turning those things on and off and waiting for my laptop to connect. Then finally I got a linksys and it's been smooth sailing ever since.
Quote by Spud Spudly
In the future avoid netgear at all costs. My first two wireless routers were netgear only because they were ten dollars less than the comparable linksys product, and they completely and totally SUCKED. I spent a lot of time turning those things on and off and waiting for my laptop to connect. Then finally I got a linksys and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

I concur.

Netgear and D-Link are pretty bad...

Belkin is not far behind with the suckness...

The best I've found for the UK is Thomson. Pretty good