So this weekend is our family reunion, and my uncle is bringing up a selection of guitars. he cant fit them all, so only 4 or 5 maybe or 6 if i beg...

I never get out to try guitars. we used to have a MIJ SSS strat that was really nice (i love the factory locking nuts!), so ive played that, then i have the guitars i have now, and i used to have a cheapo Ibanez RX. thats honestly about all ive played! so heres the list of options (electric and acoustic, mostly electric though!) which do you guys think he should bring?
I dont know details on each, like where the strat was made and such. this is what info i have from his email as he describes them

Strat HSS
squier 51 HS (strat tele combo monster)
stagemaster HSH
Dean vendetta HH
OLP HH (precursor to the van halen wolf gang series)
eppi LP HH
Peavey JF1 EX HH (es335 style)
Tennessee 7-12 double neck both HH config
eppi ej 200 acoust/elect passive pickup (big body guitar)
abelene acoustic dreadnaught
Ibanez sgr 195 4 string bass (p-j style pups very good sound)
Takamine 12

i was thinking the dean, the OLP for sure, stagemaster maybe, LP
Any of them except the Dean vendetta, if it's all stock. I modded the hell out of my sister's cause it played like utter crap (used spare parts from the Jackson's and Ibanez I had when I modded those). Now it sounds/plays pretty decent.

Though the double necked guitars interest me.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Any of them except the Dean vendetta, if it's all stock. I modded the hell out of my sister's cause it played like utter crap (used spare parts from the Jackson's and Ibanez I had when I modded those). Now it sounds/plays pretty decent.

Though the double necked guitars interest me.

yeah he just got the doubleneck not long ago and was rebuilding a bunch of it, so im not sure its 100% ready but i would loveee to try it too!
idk much about the deans, but ill see what he says about it, maybe have him leave it.
He seems to love the OLP, so thats a for sure.
alright well hes here! and this is what he brought =D

Strat HSS
stagemaster HSH
Dean vendetta HH
OLP HH (precursor to the van halen wolf gang series)
eppi LP HH
Peavey JF1 EX HH (es335 style)
Tennessee 7-12 double neck both HH config
abelene acoustic dreadnaught

i have only JUST begun playing them
i held and fondled a few of them, but the only one ive plugged in so far is the OLP.
its got a C-neck, which is surprisingly comfortable! the E strings sit a little close to the edge of the neck for me though, they fall right off even when youre not bending!

i messed around with the les paul some too, the neck was replaced with a washburn neck and reset. im really frankly not very impressed with the way it plays/feels... although i havent heard it plugged in yet.

on to the next one =D im excited for the stagemaster
Craziness. Once guy brings an arsenal of guitars to family reunion.

Enjoy
the dean was the only one mentioned above not to bring, and frankly its the one im impressed most with so far!
i did really like the OLP too, i think i just liked the weight of the dean, and it felt good in the hands.

ill have more time tomorrow to really open them up and try them though!
First, why does he have all those cheap ass guitars?

Second, do some research about which you would like to see, and which you don't bother about.
Quote by Dennis_SG

Maybe because its way more fun to have lots of guitars than just one. Variety is the spice of life. Plus, playing on different types of guitars helps you identify your own areas of weakness, but you're probably not going to learn much from a 5 minute session at a store, sometimes it takes hours to figure out exactly what you dont like about a guitar, and when you finally do, you might realize its your problem, not the guitar.
Quote by Dennis_SG

Second, do some research about which you would like to see, and which you don't bother about.

why did you buy a an sg and a telecaster, those are way cheap when you could have spent $10,000+ on a PRS. couldnt you afford one? yours must suck. you shouldnt play them.
catch my drift? thanks, and ill be sure to look around online to see whats right for me, playing a variety in person wont help me any. and it sure as hell wont be any fun.

anyways, 30 people coming today for the reunion, i was gonna spend all day inside playing while most people are outside, but now its raining (first rain in a few weeks), so it looks like everyone will be inside. now they have to listen to me
Last edited by xadioriderx at Jul 16, 2011,
well, got a good tour of most of them yesterday, played for about 8 hours straight.

i still very much like the dean even if its only $110 guitar, it really just feels great, and the paulownia gives it a great tone!

im still not impressed with the les paul, at all.
the peavey semihollow reminds me a lot of my artcore, which is a good thing.
the stagemaster feels clunky and doesnt suit my style at all.
the strat is, well, as typically, great. i played it a lot last night after i didnt want to get up and switch anymore.
the double neck Tennessee i didnt plug in, but i would never, ever want one. its a 12/7, and it just feels like a fat guy sat on my chest while im trying to play.
the epi acoustic is pretty sweet
the OLP is fantastic, i LOVE the C-neck still