Gday all, new to this site, just workin out how it all works..

right this is where im at, i,ve got an 80's marshall jcm800 lead series 50 wt head with both a and b 1960 cabs, keeping in mind that these heads did not come out with effects loops and stuff, any way im thinkin of getting another marshall stack to run simultaiously in stereo,
Q: does my next preamp need to have an effects loop or what? how was it done back in the day of hendrix and blackmore and such when there was no such thing as loops and stuff.

I would also like to add that i have a line 6 pod pro rackmount guitar prosesor , im sure you's are all familiar with this toy, any way could this be used as a tool to achieve my goal ? . i would love some feed back on this subject both with and without using the pod..

cheers and thanks heaps for your time , have a good one .
muz.
Get a Y-shaped cord or a splitter box and run the signal from your guitar into both amplifier stacks. Hendrix ran his guitar into one head, then ran a cable from one of the other inputs into the input of the second Marshall SLP, and then ran another cable from one of the inputs of that head into the third Marshall SLP. Since your amp doesn't have the four inputs per head found on the Super Lead Plexi, stick with a Y-shaped cord or a splitter box.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Get a Y-shaped cord or a splitter box and run the signal from your guitar into both amplifier stacks. Hendrix ran his guitar into one head, then ran a cable from one of the other inputs into the input of the second Marshall SLP, and then ran another cable from one of the inputs of that head into the third Marshall SLP. Since your amp doesn't have the four inputs per head found on the Super Lead Plexi, stick with a Y-shaped cord or a splitter box.

just wanna thank you so much for passing that information on, totally love the pics too, keep on rockin all, cheers .. muz australia.