Hello everyone. I've not been on UG for a very long time, and I used to post a piece a week. After a couple of months of generally believing I sucked, I received some recognition that people enjoyed reading what I wrote. However, since this confidence boost, I am completely bereft of what to write. I have ideas but they just don't seem to "come out" right. I thought I would be inspired to write more and more but its just not happening.
I'm not too worried though, and I'm not trying to force anything.

But the question is, should I be worried and should I try forcing anything?
You take my place in the showdown, I observe with a pitiful eye. I'll humbly ask you forgiveness, a request well beyond you and I.
Well i can just pass an advise here. whatever you do, just start and usually things will come naturally. sometimes it's good stuff sometimes it's just crap but just start and maybe you'll get past your block!
Don't push it; you'll probably only hate what you end up writing, which would only worsen your block. Do something else for a while and don't touch a pen until you feel inspired to do so.
that's all really good advice.
also, since you now know that people like what you've done, try to forget that. don't try to write things that you think other people will like. I mean, if they like it, great. and they probably will. but don't sit down and go no, no they wouldn't like this.
it's not about them.
it's about you.
Quote by Jearl
that's all really good advice.
also, since you now know that people like what you've done, try to forget that. don't try to write things that you think other people will like. I mean, if they like it, great. and they probably will. but don't sit down and go no, no they wouldn't like this.
it's not about them.
it's about you.

This is a great point I neglected to make. Even if you *know* that nobody will enjoy what you've written, that doesn't matter. It doesn't even matter if you enjoy reading it. What matters is that you got something out of writing it.