This may sound like an odd question about such a small thing but a pick is such a vital component of what we do I thought I'd raise the issue.

For a while now I've been using Dunlop Gator Grip 1.5mm picks and I really like them in terms of size and shape etc. but they do wear out very fast indeed so I thought I'd look at alternatives. The first I got was a 1.5mm Tortex Sharp and while I like the sharp tip, it's a bit too much and makes the pick feel overly large in my hand. I then moved on to a Dunlop Max Grip Jazz III in carbon fibre, which has bags of grip and a nice tip but my god it's small!

What I really want I suppose is a pick that has the sort of size, shape and grip level that the Gator Grip has, comes in 1.5mm (or at least is very stiff) but doesn't wear out in just a week or two. Any ideas? It doesn't have to be Dunlop by the way, it's just that's all I've ever played. Thanks.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Check out V Picks. Amazing picks. Worth every penny.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Doadman
This may sound like an odd question about such a small thing but a pick is such a vital component of what we do I thought I'd raise the issue.

For a while now I've been using Dunlop Gator Grip 1.5mm picks and I really like them in terms of size and shape etc. but they do wear out very fast indeed so I thought I'd look at alternatives. The first I got was a 1.5mm Tortex Sharp and while I like the sharp tip, it's a bit too much and makes the pick feel overly large in my hand. I then moved on to a Dunlop Max Grip Jazz III in carbon fibre, which has bags of grip and a nice tip but my god it's small!

What I really want I suppose is a pick that has the sort of size, shape and grip level that the Gator Grip has, comes in 1.5mm (or at least is very stiff) but doesn't wear out in just a week or two. Any ideas? It doesn't have to be Dunlop by the way, it's just that's all I've ever played. Thanks.

Maybe Dunlop Ultex would be good. They are really stiff (at least the 1mm). The Grip is pretty ok on them for me, at least better than it may seem from just looking at them.
I'd also recommend you to look at some 1mm picks.
And they say on the website that it's virtually indestructable. (I can't say much about that because most of my picks don't show any signs or just little signs of wear)
Use your fingers to play instead... they wont wear out.

>_>
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ma_tt11
Use your fingers to play instead... they wont wear out.

>_>

You say that now but in a few days he'll need a hook hand.
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
Quote by Koshman32
Check out V Picks. Amazing picks. Worth every penny.

this

all of this

in a box

with a bow

but seriously, Do it. I love all 4 of them I've got.
------

Shwiggity.
I'm starting to get used to the Max Grip Jazz III. It's very precise and the grip is excellent but I am now intrigued by these V-picks. If I wanted to try a V-pick that was like the Max Grip Jazz III Carbon Fibre but was a touch closer to the size of the Gator Grip, which one would I go for (assuming they make such a pick)?
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Doadman
I'm starting to get used to the Max Grip Jazz III. It's very precise and the grip is excellent but I am now intrigued by these V-picks. If I wanted to try a V-pick that was like the Max Grip Jazz III Carbon Fibre but was a touch closer to the size of the Gator Grip, which one would I go for (assuming they make such a pick)?

Take a look through their site. V Picks are unlike any other pick.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings