Taser
18 3%
Other (please specify)
34 6%
I don't carry any self-defense items
415 75%
Voters: 552.
Page 1 of 8
After looking at a blog called Every-day carry which features user-sent photos of what they carry every day it seems the vast majority carry either a knife, a gun or both I'm wondering how many do that here.

It's so unusual in Sweden it felt weird looking at all the photos. I don't carry anything myself, nothing ever happens here and if it does I don't want to use a knife or gun on anyone, plus I can take care of myself without them.

So, how many of you carry either a knife, gun, mace, taser or other?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I carry a goddamned bazooka.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
I carry a goddamned bazooka.

....in his pants.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I carry my keys and a mobile phone. Same if I was in England. It's an American/London thing, that
I carry a knife, but mostly to answer shitty political rants in bathrooms with logic.

I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.

Edit: OT - Nothing, I don't feel the need to, plus I think if I was attacked in any way and retaliated back with a gun, knife etc it would make me just as bad as them
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Jul 13, 2011,

I carry this bad boy.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
A pen shaped keyring attachment. Can be used to stab (but not puncture, most it would do is bruise), brace your fist for punches, used as a stick to swing your keys from.

Not illegal to carry, only for disarming attackers or defending myself if absolutely necessary.

EDIT: This

Last edited by XianXiuHong at Jul 13, 2011,
I'd hate to live somewhere where I felt the need to carry such things in the interests of self-defence

stratkat
I don't carry anything. I generally feel pretty safe wherever I go, even if it's at the bus station or wherever. I'll take my chances, I suppose.
Quote by EuBoat
I'd hate to live somewhere where I felt the need to carry such things in the interests of self-defence

+1
I'm glad I lie in a fairly safe country.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Just my lightsaber.

Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I carry nothing.

I have had to walk out carrying a real axe once though - needless to say people crossed the street when they saw me. But i was taking it into the woods so collect for a sculpture i was doing - so it wasn't anything sinister, although i suppose for the UK it's hardly normal anymore to 'collect wood'.

Same with a knife, i used it to aid the creation of sculptures i did with natural materials - but that was only when i knew i was going to sculpt. I never carried it around when i didn't have to.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Seems like most iPhone users have either a knife, a gun or both

Careful. Don't want to cut you or shoot you.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
WTF?!?!
Where do those people live? Iraq?

I don't carry any weapons. Here in Portugal everything's usually pretty calm, and even in a difficult situation, drawing some kind of weapon would only escalate the situation.

I do carry a Dakota swiss army knife/multi-tool with me when i go hiking, or off-roading, for example. Only in the kind of situation i know it will be handy.

It looks like this one, but it's plain silver with the Dakota logo engraved on one side:
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Jul 13, 2011,
Also, that whole website and the reason it exists is extremely sad.

Lolololo post what you put in your pockets! Yay i have friends!
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by slash_GNR666
minigun.jpg

Edit: OT - Nothing, I don't feel the need to, plus I think if I was attacked in any way and retaliated back with a gun, knife etc it would make me just as bad as them

You wouldn't happen to be a large russian who cares way too much about his gun, would you?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I carry a little 1-inch blade pocketknife, but that's more of a tool than a self-defense item.

Trying to pull a weapon of your own when someone already has a weapon pointed at you usually just ends in them shooting/stabbing you before you can get your weapon out and ready.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I just clicked the link, that blog is really scary. I feel a little odd looking at it. It's like.. 'oh, wallet, phone, thumb drive, lighter, GUN, torch, KNIFE'..
I live in Sweden as well, I can't even imagine being robbed by someone carrying weapons, so I feel safe to not carry any.
Quote by Don_Humpador
I just clicked the link, that blog is really scary. I feel a little odd looking at it. It's like.. 'oh, wallet, phone, thumb drive, lighter, GUN, torch, KNIFE'..

I thought the one with the rope and knife was the oddest one...

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
I don't carry anything because I'm insanely lucky. I've never been jumped or mugged even though I live in a relatively rough area and most of my friends have been
Feel free to call me Kevin
...Must resist checking all poll options...

I carry nothing, I've never felt the need
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by Linkerman
WTF?!?!
Where do those people live? Iraq?

Judging by all the knives, guns and iphones I'm guessing either America or the apple headquarters.

I'm just going to go with America on this one...

Some more from the site:

My EDC, except for the H&K. Cheap knife, I know, but it gets the job done.

"Gets the job done"...? That's stabbing and slashing people you're talking about. I'm wondering if most people carrying knives and guns are responsible and educated enough to use them if they have to.
I don't carry any weapons.

I always leave the house with:

Phone and keys (sometimes contact lenses) - right pocket
Fags and lighter - left pocket
Wallet - back right pocket

Sorted.
I carry a Swiss Army knife occasionally, but not for defense. It just comes in handy for my job a lot. In terms of carrying a weapon, I don't and I don't want to.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Kensai

"Gets the job done"...? That's stabbing and slashing people you're talking about. I'm wondering if most people carrying knives and guns are responsible and educated enough to use them if they have to.

Most aren't, and would cry themselves to sleep for a month if they had to actually kill someone. Longer if they had to do it with a knife and not a gun.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I often have a knife (NB: not 'usually', nor 'most of the time', but 'often' as in semi-frequently but only when I'm going somewhere appropriate) for purposes of eating, whittling, or cutting gaffa/cables (for backstage work etc at festivals). Not for self defence. I'd rather not feel I have to.

I do however frequently wear my steel-capped (work) boots. In part because they're comfortable, in part because they're the safety standard I need for most work, and in part because they make me feel a heck of a lot safer if I'm not sure quite what to expect.

Oh yeah... sometimes I have a knife/axe/blade thingy because I've just made it, and haven't quite got home yet or I've forgotten it was there. But that doesn't really count because it's not intentional.
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Quote by oneblackened
You wouldn't happen to be a large russian who cares way too much about his gun, would you?

You! Yes, you! You are dead!
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by doomded
Most aren't, and would cry themselves to sleep for a month if they had to actually kill someone. Longer if they had to do it with a knife and not a gun.

Wouldn't surprise me. On one hand that's good people carrying knives and guns aren't brutal killers, on the other you better damn well know how to handle your weapon of self-defense if you're going to use it.

I found this and I have to say it's damn stylish, definitely impresing:

I carry a pocket knife with me everywhere... both for self-defense and utility purposes. However, I live far enough in the sticks that in my car I do keep a firearm and a large knife for large animal attacks. I've used a knife enough in those type situations (hunter) that I know that just a little 2-3" blade can make the difference between life and death.

If I lived in the city (particularly in a rough part of a city), I would carry something along these lines in a boot.

Last edited by ZanasCross at Jul 13, 2011,
Quote by miss_muso~
I often have a knife (NB: not 'usually', nor 'most of the time', but 'often' as in semi-frequently but only when I'm going somewhere appropriate) for purposes of eating, whittling, or cutting gaffa/cables (for backstage work etc at festivals). Not for self defence. I'd rather not feel I have to.

I do however frequently wear my steel-capped (work) boots. In part because they're comfortable, in part because they're the safety standard I need for most work, and in part because they make me feel a heck of a lot safer if I'm not sure quite what to expect.

Oh yeah... sometimes I have a knife/axe/blade thingy because I've just made it, and haven't quite got home yet or I've forgotten it was there. But that doesn't really count because it's not intentional.

To be honest I don't know why that would make such a big difference. They're too clunky to run away and anyone who isn't a trained and skilled martial artist is going to get themselves killed if they trying kicking an attacker.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Is it possible that most people on there don't carry those knives & guns and just put them there to "show-off"?

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.