HELP!!!!!! i want to learn music theory, dont know what forums are good, i want to be a record producer, need to learn music theory, i tryed teaching meself, to much information, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Read through these. Take your time and re-read them. Don't try to learn everything in one day. Read them, think about them, apply them to songs you like to get a true understanding. Also check out www.musictheory.net.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
It's too much information because you're going over it too fast. Start with learning how to build a major scale, for example. And then learn it again, so you can actually apply it. Then move on to other stuff.

Take your time with theory, it won't help you if you rush your way through it.
Quote by lildudenikki
HELP!!!!!! i want to learn music theory, dont know what forums are good, i want to be a record producer, need to learn music theory, i tryed teaching meself, to much information, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you play guitar? I teach music theory online, but its specifically applied to the guitar.

If you want to produce records, you might want to look into an Audio Production field of study.

Best,

Sean
^I think he wants to learn the theory so he can understand what he wants to produce, better... he might have a band who doesn't know things and he can make valid suggestions concerning where the music is headed... that kinda thing... I've read a few producing and mixing (<--- in a section related to production) books that suggest this too. Weird... but valid in the end i guess. They did also suggest either keys or git...
Last edited by evolucian at Jul 13, 2011,